canada tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

russ222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
wisconsin
i thought we where not able to get these in the us,,i was at a motel last night in houghton michigan a ramada and they have cbnt channel 5 out of montreal .if so why not on directv or dish??????

i thought we where not able to get these in the us,,i was at a motel last night in houghton michigan a ramada and they have cbnt channel 5 out of montreal .if so why not on directv or dish??????

You were in Michigan and got a Montreal channel ? Wow.

I don't think mthere is any laws stating that you can't get Canadian broadcast in the USA ....

There is a law going the other way though. at least as far as Directv goes, of course they cannot stop the signal if your picking it up on an antenna.

ya thats way too far for any off the air .they have almost every cable channel i thought it was just in thier cable package .i stay there every wed for my new job ill have to dig into that a little more .i just never seen canada channel in the us before.maybe a translater out of thunder bay ???wierd

Canadian stations on US television near the border isn't uncommon. In Trenton ME, near Bar Harbor, TWC carries one of the Canadian stations.

There is no "CBNT Channel 5" in Montreal (CBMT ch6) . Northern VT here carries CBC Montreal.
Considering there are half a dozen CBC local stations between Montreal and Michigan that you'd
be watching the MTL feed is odd

Cheers, K

Canadian stations on US television near the border isn't uncommon. In Trenton ME, near Bar Harbor, TWC carries one of the Canadian stations.

exactly. In Northern MN CBC is carried on cable and on some border cities they get CBC, CTV and Global

When my wife and I were on a tour of the Canadian Maritime Provinces a couple of years ago all the hotels had cable which carried American stations for the major U.S. networks which wasn't surprising. What was, however, was where they came from. The closest was a PBS station in Rochester, NY, but many times they were Minneapolis stations.

Since Nova Scotia is an hour ahead of Eastern Standard Time and Minneapolis is an hour behind, it could drive a person crazy trying find their favorite shows. I don't know how that works, but I wondered why they couldn't get stations from closer markets like Boston or Portland.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts