Canadian gov't to push cable providers to unbundle channels

MTV used to be Talk TV sort of a newsy channel but hardly that any more.

History 2 was Men TV IIRC and sort of fit the cool stuff banner, it was always a hodge podge of channels that really didn't fit in any other bundle.

As channels have shifted their focus the bundles they historically have been don't make sense anymore. Shaw doesn't seem to juggle the channels in a bundle if the focus of a channel changes.

MTV used to be Talk TV sort of a newsy channel but hardly that any more.

History 2 was Men TV IIRC and sort of fit the cool stuff banner, it was always a hodge podge of channels that really didn't fit in any other bundle.

As channels have shifted their focus the bundles they historically have been don't make sense anymore. Shaw doesn't seem to juggle the channels in a bundle if the focus of a channel changes.

Thanks for that info on MTV, in the case of H2, I now seem to remember there were more channels in that transition, wasn´t Men TV, that became Spike, and then it was rebranded The Cave, then eventually became H2

Anyway, I agree the bundles don´t make sense as they are now.

The Harper government got the "big three" to drop their roaming fees by over 50% by threatening to allow Verizon to enter the Canadian market. Am sure if they "OK" Dish and DTV to come in, a-la-carte would happened the following month.

Cheers, K

The Harper government got the "big three" to drop their roaming fees by over 50% by threatening to allow Verizon to enter the Canadian market. Am sure if they "OK" Dish and DTV to come in, a-la-carte would happened the following month.

Cheers, K

Bell will never allow Harper or the CRTC to threaten their monoply of the CDN television scene.

The real scam is the manditory base programming (25$+) which is nothing more than local programming (US Networks, Canadian Networks, Weather etc)
IE- Channels I get via OTA

Not everyone in Canada has access to OTA and I do not mean places out in the middle of nowhere. You only need to drive 2 hours North of Toronto to find zero OTA Channels.

Bell TV already offer an A La Carte option in Quebec because of Videotron, I believe.

They have to take The Basic at $20.30 per Month

Then choose from;

15 Channels for $15.23 per Month
20 Channels for $19.29 per Month
30 Channels for $22.33 per Month

All this is a "BUY ME VOTE"!!

Harper and his buddies have basically two years before the next federal election, more likely he'll call one in either late 2014 or early 2015. This will sit around for sometime. It won't reach Parliament and then he'll turn around and make it a Political
promise for the next election.

?Then again he may bow to pressure from his biz buddies Rogers & Shaw both CONSERVATIVES kick back bum buddies.

OH this is exciting now the techs will end up having to sit and listen to customers complain that they didn't get those 2 channels that they wanted and you end up sitting there for 45 mins on the phone with customer support for a good CSAT. Just makes my day... Egh

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)