CANAM Satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gopreds1

Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
I have not been able to access their wbsite sincw Fri. I bought a new Bell Tv reciever last mo. and now i need programming. I was with Freeway, but cancelled my programing with them when i moved. I am now trying to get programming thru CANAM.

Bob

I talked to them on Friday. They had a system outage and that is probably why their website is down. I wouldn't worry too much.

I`ll been trying to get intouch with them too.I was just going to go by there office on monday to see what was up.But I don`t need to now, because my tv started to work again.

Called again today, was able to get through. They are still down, affecting their website and most of their phone system. They hope to be up soon, and said that they will call back anyone, like me, that had any questions about their account.

Bleah

I did my card swap this morning, and as such am without service until they get things back.

I wish they'd give us the info needed to use the website for the card swap.

No Answer, No Website

As of this morning I can't get through to Can Am on ANY phone # and their website is down. A few backpages linger, but they're in the old format. I'm worried.

They hope to be up soon, and said that they will call back anyone, like me, that had any questions about their account.

Good luck with that callback. I've been emailing and calling them for a month now trying to figure out what's going on with my card swap- they sent me an empty envelope with no card in it. "Sandy" has been promising me that someone will call me back to resolve the issue, but to date I've heard nothing from them. And now nobody answers any of their phone numbers. And their letter says that if I don't send them the card that's currently in my receiver they're going to charge me $150. Except that my receiver currently has _no_ card in it at all.

I think I should have gone with another broker.

Robbie

As a side note, on top of their other issues, they're also in the middle of a hurricane today, so that probably has something to do with them not answering the phones right now. Still, this doesn't justify them ignoring customers for the previous month..

Robbie

As a side note, on top of their other issues, they're also in the middle of a hurricane today, so that probably has something to do with them not answering the phones right now. Still, this doesn't justify them ignoring customers for the previous month..

Robbie
Umm... they're not really in Florida. That's just a re-directed line.

I did my card swap this morning, and as such am without service until they get things back.

I wish they'd give us the info needed to use the website for the card swap.
They don't want to do that, because it would be enough info to take control of the account and cut them out.

They don't want to do that, because it would be enough info to take control of the account and cut them out.

Yeah, true. Still, I think this is the last straw. I'm going to use a relative in Canada and get my service without the middleman. This is ridiculous, I'm not without service for two days and counting.

I'm going to use a relative in Canada and get my service without the middleman.
That's the best thing to do. You don't have to worry about mail not getting to you, no fees to pay, and full control of your account in your name.
I use my wife's parent's cottage for my account. Never had any problems. My father-in-law opens any mail for me and forwards anything nessessary (ie. smart cards).

My first post and it has to be a complaint. Canam is also my canadian satellite provider. I've had no problems with them during the year and a half using their service.
I called a couple of weeks ago to upgrade my receiver from the 9200 to the 9242. I paid $599 plus the cost of second day shipping. In about a week, when nothing arrived, I called and also spoke to Sandy. I got the: "someone will call you back" story. Now, another week has past and I have not received the new box or a callback. I have called EVERY DAY for the last week and no one answered their phone. I went to their website and it no longer exists. Finally, today, Sandy answered. When she said "someone will call you back" I told her that I wanted to speak to her boss. "She's in a meeting", I was told. "Then I want to speak to HER boss!" Well, he was also "in a meeting."

If they are really having problems, then I am sincerely sorry. Since I can find no news anywhere of Canam having a complete meltdown, I kind of feel that I'm beating a dead horse.

Is anyone out there close to their offices and can check and see if the place is still open? Is there any local Canadian news about another raid?

Lastly, does anyone know of another reputable broker for Bell?

Thank you all for the great information I have found on this message board.

Ron Castro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)