CANAM Satellites

I just wanted to get a clarification: which "CanAm" are we talking about? I have an ExpressVu system through the Largo Communications one (canamsatellites.com) and I've noticed that their website is currently "under maintenance", but it's the SmallDish (smalldish.com) one, though, has a statement on their website regarding the court order. Are both of these outfits in trouble? I'd like to know before my service evaporates. If anyone knows of a good broker that I could move my service to please share. Thanks :up

I'm with Largo Communications (canamsatellites.com). When I finally managed to speak to someone last week she told me about the court order and that I would be losing my service soon.

I've been trying to find another broker since but have had no luck so far.

Can someone clarify for me, if I switch brokers will I be able to continue to use my same Bell DVR receiver or will I have to basically start over and purchase a new receiver?

Can someone clarify for me, if I switch brokers will I be able to continue to use my same Bell DVR receiver or will I have to basically start over and purchase a new receiver?

I'm 99.99999% sure that you will have to start over and purchase a new receiver.
Your account is with a IRD that you have no control over. That's the Huge downside of using a broker.

Last edited:
I just wanted to get a clarification: which "CanAm" are we talking about? I have an ExpressVu system through the Largo Communications one (canamsatellites.com) and I've noticed that their website is currently "under maintenance", but it's the SmallDish (smalldish.com) one, though, has a statement on their website regarding the court order. Are both of these outfits in trouble? I'd like to know before my service evaporates. If anyone knows of a good broker that I could move my service to please share. Thanks :up

Early in this thread I was ensured that they was 100% different companies and one had nothing to do with the other.......................well, I think they were BOTH BUSTED and is being forced to say nothing to their customers as the "Da-Man" goes though their files and shut everyone down.

No companies website is "under maintenance" for 5 weeks. Something is going on, and it's not going to end well for their customers

Someone tell me I'm wrong now................with facts to back it up?

Last edited:
Confirmed. CanAm (canamsatellites.com) is toast, along with my service soon. Any info on a broker by PM would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please read the sticky thread "Broker posts. . . please read". This will tell anyone who wants info how to go about properly asking for it.

That Sticky should be removed, I PM'd Iceburg and got no answer, so I tried to PM him again and I was blocked from sending him PM...

It would have been nice to at least get a response back saying I will not answer these questions, anyways no biggie, but the Sitcky should be removed.

That Sticky should be removed, I PM'd Iceburg and got no answer, so I tried to PM him again and I was blocked from sending him PM...

It would have been nice to at least get a response back saying I will not answer these questions, anyways no biggie, but the Sitcky should be removed.

Me too, I PM'd him and got no response. The Sticky doesn't work!

hoss I don't block PM's (only way to block them is to turn them off) so don't know what you're talking about. Its possible I overlooked it as I do get a lot of PM's (sadly alot are from goofballs asking how to steal satellite service) so it may accidentally got deleted in error

shoot me another one

hoss I don't block PM's (only way to block them is to turn them off) so don't know what you're talking about. Its possible I overlooked it as I do get a lot of PM's (sadly alot are from goofballs asking how to steal satellite service) so it may accidentally got deleted in error

shoot me another one

PM was allowed this time,

Thanks Iceburg

I just spoke to customer service and was told they still service Star Choice. I asked them to change my credit card with Star Choice to the one I have with the latest expiration date.

I just spoke to customer service and was told they still service Star Choice. I asked them to change my credit card with Star Choice to the one I have with the latest expiration date.

What number did you call? And did you call from the US or Canada?

I just found this thread, having gotten out of my dealings with CanAm about two years ago (I went legit with DISH when I obtained my HD set) . I'm really sorry this happened. I thought that I might reactivate someday since I miss my CFL in July and curling in the winter.

Still, I must agree with those who said that dealing with CanAm was always hit or miss. The website and/or phone lines were always "going down", although I suspect they may have just been laying low because they were expecting some heat or something.

How can I find out my ExpressVu account number? I am trying to switch to another broker, but they need this number for me to switch my service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)