CANAM Satellites

How can I find out my ExpressVu account number? I am trying to switch to another broker, but they need this number for me to switch my service.

This is a big problem, and even if CanAm does still have that information they will not give it to you.

If anyone knows of a way to find out your account # please post it.

This is a big problem, and even if CanAm does still have that information they will not give it to you.

If anyone knows of a way to find out your account # please post it.

And if they really closed down due to court order, that number might not be very helpful anyway since it's probably on a list for shutdown.

No they answered the phone once I used a number that was not familiar to them. They would not say a word about BEV but you can still use them as a broker for *C...

I've been with canam for Evu for 2 yrs. Very pleased with the service, until now. I began getting notifications this spring that I needed a smartcard. Canam has been telling me for 7 months that I would be receiving one in the mail but it never came. My programming was shut off this w/e. I just spoke to the lady at Canam. She said she could not tell me anything about it. I asked about the possibility that I would continue to be billed by Evu even though my programming had been discontinued - how could I identify myself if I called Evu to straighten it out. She said if that happens I would have to take it up with my CC co.

My Evu bill posts on the 21st, so we'll see. I'm still thinking about calling retention.

My Evu bill posts on the 21st, so we'll see. I'm still thinking about calling retention.

Why not just call retention? You're already shut off, so they can't do that to you. Worst case, they'll close your account and you'll be sure that your credit card doesn't get charged any longer.

I am aCanAm customer who has been shut off. Curiuos if anyone has successfully stopped their credit card billing by calling Bell, or if I need to go through my CC. like many of you, i don't want to ruin my chance to get service through another broker.

I am aCanAm customer who has been shut off. Curiuos if anyone has successfully stopped their credit card billing by calling Bell, or if I need to go through my CC. like many of you, i don't want to ruin my chance to get service through another broker.

If CanAm did not use your name on the account (which they did not for me) then those receivers do not belong to you, they belong to the bogus name on they the account they used. You will never be able to use those receivers again unless the person on the Account calls Bell and transfers them to you. You will need to know the name on the account, the account number, the address and the telephone number they have on file. They could care less what name was on the credit card.

So to answer your question you need to cancel your credit card asap as CanAm will not help you. Then you can buy new receivers and use another broker.

If CanAm did not use your name on the account (which they did not for me) then those receivers do not belong to you, they belong to the bogus name on they the account they used.

How could Bell charge your credit card correctly without your correct name?

This is a great question, and if they would have had a policy that the name would have to match the account we would not have a problem but they have done me this way for years, but not this month. Worst thing is the 3 receivers I have can never be used again by anyone. If I would have known this could happen I would have never used a broker and lived without Bell.

This is a great question, and if they would have had a policy that the name would have to match the account we would not have a problem but they have done me this way for years, but not this month. Worst thing is the 3 receivers I have can never be used again by anyone. If I would have known this could happen I would have never used a broker and lived without Bell.

Thing is most brokers aren't bad. Canam certainly is, IMHO.

Question: Has anyone been cut off who has a smartcard? I have been cut off (and billed by Bell since btw), but a friend who has been signed up with Canam a lot longer than me has not been cut off yet. He was shipped a smartcard last spring.

I took the easy way out. I had BEV through CanAm. I was one of the lucky ones that had a smartcard so my service was fine until Nimiq 4. I installed and activated StarChoice last Friday.

I simply had my bank cancel my Visa check card and reissue me one with a new number. Any future attempted charges by BEV will be declined by my bank. Since the BEV account isn't in my name anyway, there's nothing more that they can do.

Question: Has anyone been cut off who has a smartcard?

I feel pretty lucky right now - I got my new smartcard in August, and still have both signal on 82 and service. Not sure when the fun stops, but I'm OK for now.

I've been with Canam for 7 years.

Although I haven't lost any programming I felt it was just a matter of time so I decided to close the account instead of waiting to be shut down. When I opened my account with Canam I was sent an email with the address and the phone number they used. The only thing that I didn't have was the PIN and I finally managed to get that today from an helpful Bell associate so I was able to close the account.

I took the easy way out. I had BEV through CanAm. I was one of the lucky ones that had a smartcard so my service was fine until Nimiq 4. I installed and activated StarChoice last Friday.

I simply had my bank cancel my Visa check card and reissue me one with a new number. Any future attempted charges by BEV will be declined by my bank. Since the BEV account isn't in my name anyway, there's nothing more that they can do.

Did you get Starchoice through Canam..?

What's the Next Step?

Yet another Canam can of worms here... :mad:

Been with them 4 years with no trouble, but when we returned from a vacation Nov 2 the Bell service was dead.

Same course as others - their website is dead (oh, excuse me, it's "Down for Maintenance" !sadroll ), phone's not answered, email not answered.

We'll cancel the credit card that Bell charges to, but what is our next step?

1) Can we use our current dish and receiver?
- if not, is there a difference between Bell and StarChoice? Our goal is Curling coverage, Hockey too, but I assume CBC/TSN is broadcast by both? (I've got Center Ice locally, so hockey is secondary.)

2) What broker is recommended? (please PM if that's verboten in messages)

Thanks for any help!
-Val

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts