Cancel most D* premiums and get Turbo HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a mention that Dish announced increases for the turbo hd packs as much as $10/mo.

I havne't looked at the specifics, but encourage you to look before deceiding.

Directv will increase prices too in March, but I doubt they'll be as high as $10/mo.

Also, Dish charges PER DVR, not per account, in case you plan to have multiple receivers.

Does anyone think or wonder if an HD only package is something that directv would think of adding in the future, maybe to spice things up a bit??

Don't need to. With Dish's $10 price increase there really isn't a whole lot of price difference between Dish's HD only and DirecTV.

Dish:
Turbo HD Gold - $50 (with the price increase)
HD locals - $5
Platiunum HD - $10
HD DVR - $5

That's $70 right there. Then each additional HD DVR is another $13.

DirecTV is $72 for their top end non premium package and that includes the DVR and HD fee. Add $5 if you want the HD add-on pack. Might go up 2 or 3 bucks with their price increase.

So for about the same you can have DirecTV with more HD plus all the SD channels for those few shows still in SD.

Not really saving all that much with an "HD only" package to be honest.

Don't need to. With Dish's $10 price increase there really isn't a whole lot of price difference between Dish's HD only and DirecTV.

Dish:
Turbo HD Gold - $50 (with the price increase)
HD locals - $5
Platiunum HD - $10
HD DVR - $5

That's $70 right there. Then each additional HD DVR is another $13.

DirecTV is $72 for their top end non premium package and that includes the DVR and HD fee. Add $5 if you want the HD add-on pack. Might go up 2 or 3 bucks with their price increase.

So for about the same you can have DirecTV with more HD plus all the SD channels for those few shows still in SD.

Not really saving all that much with an "HD only" package to be honest.

Good points!

Even with the Dish price increase, in my situation it would still be a $20 saving for me to switch to dish. And a DirecTv price increase will result in more savings.

Current DirecTv:

01/10 02/09 PLUS HD DVR Monthly 72.99
01/10 02/09 SHOWTIME Monthly 12.00
01/10 02/09 DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK Monthly 4.99

Monthly Total $89.98

Dish with new price:

TurboHD Silver $40.39
PlatinumHD $10.00
local channels $5.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee $4.60
Showtime Unlimited $10.00

Monthly Total Price $69.99

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts