CANCELED DISH

... Maybe some day Dish will make their service more affordable than streaming services.
MikeD, by your reaction (laugh) I think you are right. It's extremely unlikely that Dish will ever be a better deal than streaming. I'll take it down while I still can.

It's bolted in the eaves on my two story house about 20 feet up. I'll take it down while I'm still able. It will be scary way up on the ladder, but I'd rather do it now than 10 years from now when I'm 75!

It's bolted in the eaves on my two story house about 20 feet up. I'll take it down while I'm still able. It will be scary way up on the ladder, but I'd rather do it now than 10 years from now when I'm 75!
Let it stay up there. Just do not look up and you will forget about it

I'm just about at the end of a triple operation thigh bone hip replacement for my right hand man after he fell off the garage roof while working on Xmas lights

Cost of a small house before I will be done.

Federal hospital screwed up and he got bone infection so I ended up $$$$$$ for 2 stage operation in private care hospital, etc.

Could have bought a couple Teslas with the $.

After this experience, my new resolution is no more ladders for me.

• Sad
Reactions: flody1 and N6BY
Let it stay up there. Just do not look up and you will forget about it
Very sorry to hear about that incident.

I already removed the dish and J-Pole. I had my wife stay at the bottom of the ladder and stabilize it while I climbed up and unbolted the J-Pole. Fortunately the installer only installed 2 lag bolts (out of 4 possible). Took about 10 minutes and I survived.

... My wife is a retired RN (registered nurse) and said that during her career she has treated over 100 ladder fall victims. But she thought I was OK to do the job with her holding the ladder and preventing it from tipping over.

Anyway, I have attached before and after photos. What you don't see is the messy cable run the installer had going into the house. There was loose cable on my sidewalk that someone could have tripped over.

If anyone wants the J-Pole (photo attached) I will give it away (just pay shipping +$5 for gas driving it to the post office).

Before

Before.jpg

After

After.jpg

J-Pole
JPole.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
Very sorry to hear about that incident.

I already removed the dish and J-Pole. I had my wife stay at the bottom of the ladder and stabilize it while I climbed up and unbolted the J-Pole. Fortunately the installer only installed 2 lag bolts (out of 4 possible). Took about 10 minutes and I survived.

... My wife is a retired RN (registered nurse) and said that during her career she has treated over 100 ladder fall victims. But she thought I was OK to do the job with her holding the ladder and preventing it from tipping over.

Anyway, I have attached before and after photos. What you don't see is the messy cable run the installer had going into the house. There was loose cable on my sidewalk that someone could have tripped over.

If anyone wants the J-Pole (photo attached) I will give it away (just pay shipping +$5 for gas driving it to the post office).

Before

View attachment 164088

After

View attachment 164089

J-Pole
View attachment 164090
Did not want to use the mast for a antenna?

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts