CANCELED DISH

I thought they stopped that long ago, but, apparently not. You can never underestimate DiSH. Amazing, they're still asking people to self-disassemble their antenna. Don't you see all these DiSH vans driving around with their in-house servicers that they used to finally kill off dealers? Shouldn't they just send one of those to uninstall the equip.?

Someone should follow up with their A.G. and stick this to them, what they're doing with the public, even after of course they say oh, no, don't bother, you're OK. They're still improperly terminating service and intimidating others.
lol

Reactions: charlesrshell
They tell you they want the lnb, you crawl up the roof to get it, fall off the roof, break your back, need 24/7 heath care rest of life, sue them for 75 million and get it.

This is why the lnb is no big deal.

$75 Billion.

. . . or all of Charlies' Frequencies. Even the ones that he loaned to TMobile for Hurricane Relief that TMobile won't give back.

Last edited:
I thought they stopped that long ago, but, apparently not. You can never underestimate DiSH. Amazing, they're still asking people to self-disassemble their antenna. Don't you see all these DiSH vans driving around with their in-house servicers that they used to finally kill off dealers? Shouldn't they just send one of those to uninstall the equip.?

Someone should follow up with their A.G. and stick this to them, what they're doing with the public, even after of course they say oh, no, don't bother, you're OK. They're still improperly terminating service and intimidating others.
I really don’t think it’s Dish, as much as it is some CSR’s who just, typically, don’t know what the heck they’re talking about.

When you get the return kit, there isn’t even a compartment for the LNBF.

I really don’t think it’s Dish, as much as it is some CSR’s who just, typically, don’t know what the heck they’re talking about.

When you get the return kit, there isn’t even a compartment for the LNBF.
If so, I believe it is then the CSR being *******, since I have seen multiple posts over the last few years of Dish wanting the LNB back.

Dish should shut it down, again, these could be potential customers in the future, some may not like who/what they switched to and wish to come back, why make them mad because of the ego of a CSR.

Last edited:
If so, I believe it is then the CSR being *******, since I have seen multiple posts over the last few years of Dish wanting the LNB back.

Dish should shut it down, again, these could be potential customers in the future, some may not like who/what they switched to and wish to come back, why make them mad because of the ego of a CSR.
You're going to deal with csr like that at any large company. It's all overseas with terrible training and low pay. Welcome to the future.

A customer that cancels is still a potential customer later on.

Dish already knows this. Since I cancelled in December '22, like clockwork every 60 days I get an offer that includes a $500 credit.

I left because the programming I watch is for the most, part gone from satellite and cable. As enticing as 500 bucks sounds, even free wouldn't do it if there's nothing to watch.

Dish already knows this. Since I cancelled in December '22, like clockwork every 60 days I get an offer that includes a $500 credit.

I left because the programming I watch is for the most, part gone from satellite and cable. As enticing as 500 bucks sounds, even free wouldn't do it if there's nothing to watch.

I still have Dish but questioning myself as well...there just isn't any programming other than news that I watch. I keep it because I have a single Wally, OTA antenna and Flex Pack, so my monthly bill isn't too wild. Can't imagine having a Hopper, a few Joeys, locals and Top 250 or something.

I still have Dish but questioning myself as well...there just isn't any programming other than news that I watch.
I have been trying to get used to the 24hrs streaming News apps, I find ABC to be the best, CBS a close second, they really remind me of the old Headline News.

I do hope the rumors are true, that CNN will be added to Max, MSNBC/CNBC to Peacock.

Planing on dumping Live TV after College Football .

If the strikes does go into early next year as predicted, nothing will be on Networks or Cable Channels till next Fall anyways.

I still have Dish but questioning myself as well...there just isn't any programming other than news that I watch. I keep it because I have a single Wally, OTA antenna and Flex Pack, so my monthly bill isn't too wild. Can't imagine having a Hopper, a few Joeys, locals and Top 250 or something.
International Basic $15 + $7 DVR...just so that I can get through the 100s of hours of backlogged DVR content stored on my EHDs. Still is nice to have trick play and DVR capabilities on my OTA channels.

Got kit today, UPS! Hopper3 & Remote packed /Return label in box--- Ready to ship back tomorrow, UPS. Got a Bill for $55 dollars so far. Just an update
When I returned mine I included the LNBF. Many years ago when I returned everything except the LNBF they charged me for it.

Now I have a bare Dish on my roof and am wondering if I should leave it there or take it down?

The only way I would ever go back to Dish satellite TV service is if they made it competitive with YouTube TV (which I currently have).

When I returned mine I included the LNBF. Many years ago when I returned everything except the LNBF they charged me for it.

Now I have a bare Dish on my roof and am wondering if I should leave it there or take it down?

The only way I would ever go back to Dish satellite TV service is if they made it competitive with YouTube TV (which I currently have).

Do you have an OTA antenna? That mast and wiring are perfect to mount one on.

All the packaging is included to securely ship the equipment back to Dish. The want the units, remotes, the LNB off your dish, and any switches present in your setup. They gave me a hard time when I told them the LNB was not easily accessible and I wasn‘t going to climb a ladder to retrieve it. So, if your dish is on the roof or up high on your house be prepared to squabble with them over it. Otherwise it was painless. Pack up the stuff and drop it off at UPS. Keep the receipt with the tracking number.
I don't think Dish will be asking for the 3LNB used for the western US since they no longer have or use the Ceil sat at 129w. All programming on the Ceil sat have moved onto the 110w and 119w sats. So the 3 lnb package is no longer needed. I think we will see a newer version of the old 2 lnb package and sat dish.

Reactions: blatimer1983

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts