Canceling before installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jonesdpd

Apr 9, 2009
Northern California
This is going to sound CRAZY.

Last night, I signed up for DirectTV. The sales guy I talked to answered every question that I had in a way that sounded great. After getting home and talking to friends and then searching more online, I found that the guy totally stretched the truth and in some cases lied.

I live in California and I have heard that there are laws here that say a sales contract is not valid until 72 hours has passed and can be cancelled before this window closes.

Does anybody know if this is true?

If this law isn't true, how can I go about canceling before the installation is even done? I feel mislead on a few things and am upset that I signed the contract.

What will happen if I try to cancel the deal?

Yes, Call Directv and cancel, you lose no money. No worries.
Although you do know Wrestling is fake, right? ;)

Call them and cancel. I know people that have done that before. You're really not bound to the contract until both parties have meet their end of the agreement. Since DTV has NOT fulfilled their end, which is the install, there really is no way you're bound. You can cancel up to the day before, but sooner is better.

Another option is to reschedule the install a few weeks while you do your research just in case you decide to go with D*. That way you are locked in to the deals (by locked in, I mean if the prices go up; you can still cancel or keep rescheduling).
If you go with D*, I would use the AAA discounts; $240 of monthly bill and $99 off second HD receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts