Canceling HD Extra Pack, now I have to upgrade my package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rta53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
North Carolina
I tried out the 3 month free trial of HD Extra Pack. I don't want to pay for this so I tried to remove the service today. Here is the message I got:

• Before you can make any changes to your account you are required to change your package.
Why do I have to change my package? You have an older package that does not support the programming/service you have selected.
Can I switch back if I change my mind? No, since we no longer offer your old (discontinued) package, you cannot switch back once you've changed.

I became a DirecTV customer back in September of 2009. The package I have is the Choice XTRA +HD DVR. I know this is no longer offered, at least they don't call it this anymore. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I still have discounts that are current until September and I don't want to lose them. Should I call CS and see if they can just remove the HD Extra Pack without having to upgrade or if I upgrade my package online will I still keep my current discounts?

Yep weve been thru this.

You cant cancel online.

But just call them & u can cancel it + still keep your old grandfathered package.

+ after thats done u might be able to go back online & add it for free for 3 months again.

They're doing the same thing if you try to add the new starz+showtime combo pack for $12 online. They tell you you cant ADD it unless you change to a current package.

So its not just cancellations, but some additions as well. I guess they're trying hard to get rid of those grandfathered packages.

I understand that if you call, they can add as well as cancel.

Yep weve been thru this.

You cant cancel online.

But just call them & u can cancel it + still keep your old grandfathered package.

+ after thats done u might be able to go back online & add it for free for 3 months again.

You're right. I just called and had it taken off. Now when I check my account online it's offering me another 3 months for free. Probably won't do it since I don't think I ever watched any of the channels anyway.

They're doing the same thing if you try to add the new starz+showtime combo pack for $12 online. They tell you you cant ADD it unless you change to a current package.

So its not just cancellations, but some additions as well. I guess they're trying hard to get rid of those grandfathered packages.

I understand that if you call, they can add as well as cancel.

IF you call in to do this, or what RTA mentioned, do the charge you the service call of $ 5 ?

I think if you call in to add movie channels they tell you about a Service fee ....
Just wondering if they are trying to get this fee as well, particularly when they are not allowing you to do it online.

IF you call in to do this, or what RTA mentioned, do the charge you the service call of $ 5 ?

I think if you call in to add movie channels they tell you about a Service fee ....
Just wondering if they are trying to get this fee as well, particularly when they are not allowing you to do it online.

I asked about that a while back and IIRC, I was told the downgrade only applied if downgrading programming or premium content within the first 30 days; however, some programming incentives have a TOS fulfillment for longer terms. I'm not sure how it applies to the Extra pack; I'm guessing since it's a 90 day trial, there's no difference, even if the 30 days is applicable, most people wouldn't cancel within the first 30 days of a 90 day free trial. Just have to call in to stay on the grand-fathered plan.

I had a similar issue when I was trying to add "unsupported MRV" prior to my WHD with ICK upgrade, They had to roll me out of the grand-fathered plan to enable it. They could not roll me back without removing the "U" attribute. So after I got the WHD upgrade, I called them back and rolled-back into the grand-fathered plan. They said I had 30 days to reconsider, I only need a week!

The grand-fathered plan was treated rather indifferently with those other satellite guys; that's why I switched back to Directv. I find it hard to believe I'm already on a grand-fathered plan but the short interval from sign-up to grand-fathering was the same with both satellite providers.

So in all actuality, despite being on a grand-fathered plan, I was able to add MRV (both supported and now formally unsupported), add Extra Pack trial (called in because the site said I had to HD Access which was included in the +DVR fee) and still qualify for the 24 months Free HD Access by enrolling in AutoPay during the offer period.

I think you were only referring to a downgrade fee. There is no upgrade fee, just a prorated adjustment on the monthly difference, if applicable.

First just call us we make the changes.

There is no 5 dollar fee to talk to use unless your name is Hemi only exceptions are paying a bill through an agent and order ppv through an agent incure 5 dollar fees.

There is a 10 disconnect premium fee that applys only to hbo , cinemax, starz, showtime ,sports pack which states that if you can with in 30 days of ordering after 30 days no fees. Your other option is you can swap premiums with a charge during the 30 days like show time for hbo etc.

no disc fee of hd extra pack.

Yeah it a shame they need to fix the gearing on Transmisson on the hemi in the Grand Cherokee WL test drove one day seems to have issues while in third v6 feels alot more zippy then the v8 Hemi.

Yeah it a shame they need to fix the gearing on Transmisson on the hemi in the Grand Cherokee WL test drove one day seems to have issues while in third v6 feels alot more zippy then the v8 Hemi.
Must have issues, Because them 3.7 v6,and 4.7 v8 are dogs.

I have Ram 2500 with a 5.7 Hemi , and its going on 100,000 miles, and my guys beat that crap out of it daily and never did anything but the water pump.
That was under warranty.

There is only one Grand Cherokee I would Buy.

SRT-8:)

Must have issues, Because them 3.7 v6,and 4.7 v8 are dogs.

I have Ram 2500 with a 5.7 Hemi , and its going on 100,000 miles, and my guys beat that crap out of it daily and never did anything but the water pump.
That was under warranty.

There is only one Grand Cherokee I would Buy.

SRT-8:)

It not the engine. it just transmisson on it . While it a good transmission the ratios are not not set to speed. It did better on the off road course but a little disppointed compared to WKs with hemi v8.

SRT8 is crap that is not a jeep it some street car with a jeep badge.

Apparrently according to a guy I know who just bought the hemi version of the 2011 wl the issue I felt with it not wanting to get out of third goes away when towing his boat.
After having a 99 WJ limited ( and still have one among my fleet of jeeps) I am going to wait a couple of years to see if they any design flaws.

Yep weve been thru this.

You cant cancel online.

This is so true. I got it free for 90 in Jan, cancelled online at the end, called a week later and they gave it to me for free again. It just expired, so i cancelled the other day online, then re-added it yesterday online, free for 90. Funny stuff.

They don't have a channel that makes me want to pay for it yet.

As an aside, I canceled the HD extra pack (it was my first month of being billed for it after the three month freebie) and as soon as I canceled it, I noticed that on the 'add services' page of my account I had "HD Extra pack free for 3 months!" and clicked activate. It gave me a partial month credit (couple of bucks) on the cancellation, then gave me three more months for free.

I did the same thing about four months ago, but it was a few days between when I canceled and when I took the new free-for-three offer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)