HD Extra Pack confusion...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the tip, guys. Was able to drop it, and re-add in the same web session.

Whats Classic Choice Extra, is that Total Choice Plus?

Choice Xtra Classic was the package above Choice until 2/9 of this year. D* removed like a handful of channels (moved them to Chocie Ultimate) and renamed the package Choice Xtra

Xtra Classic is a grandfathered plan

well if you are on the old Choice Xtra (the grandfathered one) cancelling HD Extra pack was super easy

called in (today was last day of free 3 months) and when it said "what would you like to do" I said "Cancel HD Extra Pack" and was cancelled. Never talked to anyone. Looked online and yep "free for 3 months" is back :)

This is still working. :D It's a lot easier than to talk to a CSR. Thanks Iceberg!

good to hear. I recently added the HD extra pack (for 3 months free) again so in 2 1/2 months we'll call and cancel through the auto attendant :)

So on my newest bill it was coming up that they were gonna bill me (it should have been Nov 1st but it showed 10/20 for a prorated).....so yesterday I called (cant remove it online) and at the prompt said "CANCEL HD EXTRA PACK" and it was gone in less than 3 minutes. Didnt need to talk to anyone but the auto system

today added it back via online....so lets see thats 9 times now that I got my "free for 3 months" ;)

So on my newest bill it was coming up that they were gonna bill me (it should have been Nov 1st but it showed 10/20 for a prorated).....so yesterday I called (cant remove it online) and at the prompt said "CANCEL HD EXTRA PACK" and it was gone in less than 3 minutes. Didnt need to talk to anyone but the auto system

today added it back via online....so lets see thats 9 times now that I got my "free for 3 months" ;)

Does this ONLY work for folks "grandfathered" in the previous DTV plans?

I currently have the CHOICE EXTRA package and I was given the "HD EXTRA PACK" free for 3 months. Once the free trial ends in 2 more months, will I be able to do what you did above and cancel via automated phone system and receive the "free for 3 months" online.....or will this NOT work in my case and with my plan?

I currently have the CHOICE EXTRA package and I was given the "HD EXTRA PACK" free for 3 months. Once the free trial ends in 2 more months, will I be able to do what you did above and cancel via automated phone system and receive the "free for 3 months" online.....or will this NOT work in my case and with my plan?
yes you can do it. The advantage for you is you can remove it online.
So when you see they will bill you the day before remove it.....and then wait a day (heck some folks wait like 5 minutes) then add it back

yes you can do it. The advantage for you is you can remove it online.
So when you see they will bill you the day before remove it.....and then wait a day (heck some folks wait like 5 minutes) then add it back

So once I remove it online, how do I add it back for FREE?

Will I see something in my online profile that I can select to add it back on at no charge? Thx

So once I remove it online, how do I add it back for FREE?

Will I see something in my online profile that I can select to add it back on at no charge? Thx

in your account it under programming then premiums
when you remove it if you log out and then back in (or refresh) under the things you can add (like HBO, Cinemax, sports pack, etc) it will say "HD EXTRA PACK" and then "0.00 for 3 months"
click on "activate now" and it will ask if you want to add it. Click add or submit and boom they're back on free for 3 months

Just removed the HD Extra pack online after seeing a $1.50 partial charge for it on the bill. Will check back in 24 hours to see if new free offer comes up.

EDIT: It's actually offering it for $0.00 x 3 months already right now. Should I do it or wait?

Just removed the HD Extra pack online after seeing a $1.50 partial charge for it on the bill. Will check back in 24 hours to see if new free offer comes up.

EDIT: It's actually offering it for $0.00 x 3 months already right now. Should I do it or wait?

do it

I always add mine back within minutes of cancelling it. As soon as I cancel it, it usually shows right back up on the website. I've been doing this since January 2011.

Do it :)

Done!

dykmcj.jpg

I cant see my bill until it prints (get billed by Telco) but I got e-mails stating I removed it then added it back for free the next day :)

Oh my, the new DirecTV WebSite is not giving me the option to cancel HD Extras.

I also do not see a option to add HBO either...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)