HD Extra Pack confusion...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well if you are on the old Choice Xtra (the grandfathered one) cancelling HD Extra pack was super easy

called in (today was last day of free 3 months) and when it said "what would you like to do" I said "Cancel HD Extra Pack" and was cancelled. Never talked to anyone. Looked online and yep "free for 3 months" is back :)

well if you are on the old Choice Xtra (the grandfathered one) cancelling HD Extra pack was super easy

called in (today was last day of free 3 months) and when it said "what would you like to do" I said "Cancel HD Extra Pack" and was cancelled. Never talked to anyone. Looked online and yep "free for 3 months" is back :)

Thanks for the tip, I need to cancel it in the next few days.

I think I've had it 2 or 3 times now and couldn't tell you a single channel that's included. Glad to hear somebody actually watches these channels.

Tom Bombadil said:
I'm one of them. It's one of my favorite add ons and I decided to pay for it years ago. Have never once cancelled and re-sub'ed.

No problem to me, but out of curiosity, why? I know some just don't like the hassle but if I truly enjoyed these channels and they had an option where I could get them for free, I personally would take it.

Again, just curious. :).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

yeah I dont get that. It takes like 10 minutes of your time if you're on the older grandfathered plans to drop it over the phone and add it online
about 2 if you are on a new plan :)

Iceberg said:
yeah I dont get that. It takes like 10 minutes of your time if you're on the older grandfathered plans to drop it over the phone and add it online
about 2 if you are on a new plan :)

Ice, up until switching I was on a grandfathered plan and did it all online. Took minutes. Literally.

hmmm weird

I know on the Choice Xtra Classic I can't remove it online. Tried that and it told me to change my base package

Iceberg said:
hmmm weird

I know on the Choice Xtra Classic I can't remove it online. Tried that and it told me to change my base package

Must be a glitch one way or another. That's the exact package I had.

No problem to me, but out of curiosity, why? I know some just don't like the hassle but if I truly enjoyed these channels and they had an option where I could get them for free, I personally would take it.

Again, just curious. :).

I feel it is a reasonable price at $4.99/mo. I know that is the real price. D* doesn't really intend for people to get it free via a trick. So I just feel better paying for it.

I think that they know that the package would most likely not make it as a stand alone, so they leave this option available, but do not advertise it because they also know that many wont be aware of it, and once they sign you up, many forget to cancel it (at least for a while).
It has been available too long now for it to be an error on their part.

Thanks for answering though.

Must be a glitch one way or another. That's the exact package I had.

Not a glitch, or something changed. I have the same package and cannot change it online anymore (did it online for a year and a half). I now have to call in. Doesn't take much time.

i just removed this and added it again with no issues. i have the choice package. grandfathered packages would not allow this online.

Not a glitch, or something changed. I have the same package and cannot change it online anymore (did it online for a year and a half). I now have to call in. Doesn't take much time.
They must have JUST changed it then. I swapped to Dsih this past Saturday, and I changed it online a couple of days before I made the decision to swap. So it must have been in the last week or week and a half.

I just logged in and I'm missing the HD Extra Pack. I wanted to try cancelling it online but it's not even there. I'll try tomorrow.

And yes, I couldn't change it online before. I had to call to remove it last time.

They must have JUST changed it then. I swapped to Dsih this past Saturday, and I changed it online a couple of days before I made the decision to swap. So it must have been in the last week or week and a half.

Mine has been like that since Choice Xtra Classic was introduced. I had to do it late last month (sometime after the 23rd) because I was billed a partial charge for the channels. Maybe they recently changed it to allow it. I tried testing it by removing it, but since I re-added it in the past 30 days, it won't let me attempt to remove it.

Call in and cancel it. Within a day, you can go back on line to your account and you'll see an offer for three months free again.

I added it for free literally as soon as I hung up the phone. Just be sure to log out and log back into you're account..

I dropped it and added it again today. They didn't even pester me this time to get an internet bundle or a premium channel I didn't want. The phone call was under 2 minutes.

I called to cancel the HD EXTRA PAK, CS cancelled then added 6 more months for free ( would auto cancel after) THEN she added a credit of $5 for 6 months on top of the offer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)