Canceling protection plan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
Having install done tomorrow. Looked over paper work, says they added protection plan to order. I do not want this. If I cancel right away is there any issues? Thanks

You have 30 days from time of install to cancel. Anything after that is a $10 fee to cancel

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There have been numerous reports of the protection plan being added without it being requested. I would send an email the the office of the president of Directv and let them know about it. ellen.filipiak@directv.com

I intend too. I did not pay attention (my fault) to my first bill, but just noticed on the second that I am being charged $19.95 for the premium PP. Whatta scam...

When I had my install last Novemeber the installer told me the protection plan was free then I looked at my bill online and saw i was being charged $19.95 for the protection plan. Scammed YES. I called and canceled protection plan immediately. With DirecTV the picture is great and the Channel packages are a little cheaper then Cable TV but when you factor in the monthly equipmet fee you end up paying more. If you get in a financial bind you just can't cancel without paying a ET fee--with Cable you just return the equipment and a small disconnect fee your done.

When I had my install last Novemeber the installer told me the protection plan was free then I looked at my bill online and saw i was being charged $19.95 for the protection plan. Scammed YES. I called and canceled protection plan immediately. With DirecTV the picture is great and the Channel packages are a little cheaper then Cable TV but when you factor in the monthly equipment fee you end up paying more. If you get in a financial bind you just can't cancel without paying a ET fee--with Cable you just return the equipment and a small disconnect fee your done.

Cable generally charges more monthly for equipment than Directv does.

Is crazy for protection.
That to me is outlandish.
That said living in south Florida
I do believe in the basic protection.
7.99?
Plus you get upgrades every two years.
However consistency with Direc is not
A given. That could change next year. :)

$19.95 is that nonsense where they cover tv's and all this crap too. They should never just throw that on there.
I was asked if I wanted the protection plan when I came back, as a previous sub I knew exactly what that was ($7.99), somehow I get the $19.95. And of course they want you to call for every stupid change. Thats one part of Directv's business that is majorly lacking when compared to Dish.

I add it. I tell people it's FREE but for only 30 days. One you go 31 days on you'll be charged 7.99 or whatever plan you took. It's safe to say, this installer don't make many DPP sales lol

One good comment. While Directv wont let you make many changes on line, I used email contact and the rep emailed me back and apologized for me being put on the $19.99 version and changed it to the $8 version. Easy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts