Cancelled Dish Network

I don't want to label people, especially when you don't know them. The only thing I can think of is if Obama becomes the President, we can finally all speak to native-tongue folks when we make calls, how about that!

Oh BTW our TV bills will also go up 20% as a result of that. I am ok with that, just don't know if you are:)

Do you mean the bring back the jobs thing? That is just part of the getting elected and making everybody happy routine. I can't fault Obama on that. They all say whatever it takes when speaking to their base to get elected. He isn't going to create any jobs. Raising corporate taxes does not create jobs. Creating laws that solidify unions doesn't create jobs either. And yes, you are right, if the companies brought back the customer support operator jobs, we would be paying more for TV, and everything else such as credit card interest rates and software.

Yes, my bad... I meant compassion... we all make mistakes, especially when we are annoyed and typing quickly. I said, "bleeding heart liberal," not "bleeding heard liberal" as you quoted me, but you make mistakes too.

You are right that I don't "KNOW" you through and through, but since you went as far as to stamp your political opinions as a signature on a totally irrelevant message board, says a lot about you. You probably have an Obama sign in your yard and a bumper sticker on your car as well. I think it is fair to say you vote democrat and as an Obama (or Hillary) supporter, you are a liberal. My calling you out on this would make one fairly assume that I am a Republican. I am not a McCain supporter, but I am a Republican. I don't normally talk about it here but of course was annoyed to see your signature and decided to say something.

I don't give a flying crap what your political affiliation is nor was this thread about something political. It is pretty sad that you are so petty that you would turn a thread about someone canceling their account into your own personal ranting political posts because of my signature, but again, not surprised. I repeat from earlier, you took a thread and turned it into something about you. Surprised, NOPE! And my guess is neither are many other people either. :rolleyes:
I'm glad the OP could use some of my suggestions when he cancels, and I hope everything goes well when it is all said and done for him.

No problems

I cancelled dish network and after a small snafu on me getting the boxes, everything went smoothly. No charges, no "hidden bills" or any of the other horror stories we have heard. I called to confirm Dish received the boxes and they advised they had and made a note on my account.

Easy, simple and painless. I just don't think people post these type of happenings on the boards for the most part. It is much easier to for most people to type complaints and rants instead of compliments and raves.

I don't give a flying crap what your political affiliation is nor was this thread about something political. It is pretty sad that you are so petty that you would turn a thread about someone canceling their account into your own personal ranting political posts because of my signature, but again, not surprised. I repeat from earlier, you took a thread and turned it into something about you. Surprised, NOPE! And my guess is neither are many other people either. :rolleyes:
I'm glad the OP could use some of my suggestions when he cancels, and I hope everything goes well when it is all said and done for him.

Most people have a signature bragging about their HDTV, satellite, cable, DVR, stereo surround system, and other relevant to this website equipment.

Not You... you proudly display your political views on a satellite television forum.

Take your Obama yard sign and bumper stickers and stick them where the sun don't shine! Nobody wants to see your political signature, no matter what nominee or party you are whoring at the bottom of your posts.

knock it off!

Geeeez Skottey, it was just a little blurb signature, that by the way he didn't refer to in any of his post. Feeling a bit defensive today? I am not an Obama supporter but, you my friend are the one that brought the whole thing up. I must say it is your posts that do not belong in this particular forum. Who are you to tell this guy what he can and can not use as a signature, leave that to the mods. Really, I am serious here, your post has pissed me off.

Geeeez Skottey, it was just a little blurb signature, that by the way he didn't refer to in any of his post. Feeling a bit defensive today? I am not an Obama supporter but, you my friend are the one that brought the whole thing up. I must say it is your posts that do not belong in this particular forum. Who are you to tell this guy what he can and can not use as a signature, leave that to the mods. Really, I am serious here, your post has pissed me off.

Slamminc11 's original post assumed this guy was breaking his commitment. There is a lot of that around here and I am fed up with it. Nobody gives anybody the benefit of the doubt. He can say now he was just asking, but the truth is he was getting at the idea that the guy was trying to break his commitment and f* dish over. So sure, I lashed out at him about it because like I said, I have also been victim of being accused of ill intentions. And then I noticed his signature. Is that necessary on a satellite forum? Nobody wants to see your political signature here. I would say the same thing if he had a signature that reflects my views. There is a place for politics, and it isn't here. It is more than just an innocent signature. Save it for someplace else.

Slamminc11 's original post assumed this guy was breaking his commitment. There is a lot of that around here and I am fed up with it. Nobody gives anybody the benefit of the doubt. He can say now he was just asking, but the truth is he was getting at the idea that the guy was trying to break his commitment and f* dish over. So sure, I lashed out at him about it because like I said, I have also been victim of being accused of ill intentions. And then I noticed his signature. Is that necessary on a satellite forum? Nobody wants to see your political signature here. I would say the same thing if he had a signature that reflects my views. There is a place for politics, and it isn't here. It is more than just an innocent signature. Save it for someplace else.

Actually, I think it's just an innocent signature. I have seen a lot worse on this site. Not your place to jump down the guys throat for something that has nothing to do with his post. How is that different than a bumper sticker. If a guy has a vote Dem on his car and you get in an accident with him, you going to jump down his throat for the accident or the sticker?

Most people have a signature bragging about their HDTV, satellite, cable, DVR, stereo surround system, and other relevant to this website equipment.

Not You... you proudly display your political views on a satellite television forum.

Take your Obama yard sign and bumper stickers and stick them where the sun don't shine! Nobody wants to see your political signature, no matter what nominee or party you are whoring at the bottom of your posts.

knock it off!
???????????????Wow!
I came down here because I was thinking of buying out my vommitment* and jumping ship to D. And i have auto pay.
I didn't expect to find raving political rantings instead. Slamminc11, You causing trouble here too??? ;):D Now "knock it off" you, you political pimp you.:rolleyes:.

*RockyMtnhigh.:)

Actually, I think it's just an innocent signature. I have seen a lot worse on this site. Not your place to jump down the guys throat for something that has nothing to do with his post. How is that different than a bumper sticker. If a guy has a vote Dem on his car and you get in an accident with him, you going to jump down his throat for the accident or the sticker?

I am not a big fan of bumper stickers either. I cringe several times a day when time I pass a specific parked car on my way out to the main street in my area of town. I specifically don't like the Hillary for president sign but there are other stickers on this specific car to indicate an unsavory low class lifestyle and I'd bet $1000 the owner likes her government handouts based on these stickers and the attitude it shows off. But it is her right to park in the street and cover her car in stickers. I understand that.

And sure, this guy has the right to use an Obama signature, but it seems this website is the wrong place for such stuff. I care all about his and yours experience with satellite, cable TV, DVRs, HDTV, etc. We can agree or disagree on topics and that is what this site is intended for, to discuss and help each other. I just don't like his political views in my face. We have 'the pit' for such antics.

I just don't like his political views in my face.

Yes here I am reading YOUR, OFF TOPIC, political views like its a totally natural thing.

Take it to PM's if you don't like it - that way i wont have to listen to either of you and i can read a thread about someone who canceled Dish Network.

:rolleyes:

Yes here I am reading YOUR, OFF TOPIC, political views like its a totally natural thing.

Take it to PM's if you don't like it - that way i wont have to listen to either of you and i can read a thread about someone who canceled Dish Network.

:rolleyes:

Did I mention I hate Garfield??? hhahaha... j/k

OK.... I am going to stop posting to this thread now. I'm off to sing the happy song again since I myself canceled Dish just weeks ago. You know, they say you'll regret tattoos... I never have for a second. Some also say you'll regret leaving Dish... nope, I don't regret that either. Cable has been even better since I upped my package to everything but the Spanish PaK, TMC, and the obscure stuff like Howard on Demand and Disney on Demand.

I am still saving over $50 a month over having Dish and BHN by just having BHN. And all I am missing now that I would watch on Dish is Monsters HD (but it went downhill fast too) They are adding channels at a faster rate than Dish at this point with cable.

Soon, I'll have Verizon FIOS as a choice and there is already Knology in my area... and of course DirecTV. I don't see myself ever going back to Dish unless my town gets renamed something like DISH HD and I get Dish for a year free.

Other than that I am all set, and done with this thread.

As you were..

As I said, no one her was or should be really surprised from him. The little whiner got his way though, my signature was removed secretly by a mod, so now I am sure he is happy that he got his way which is fine, because his true colors came out in this thread, as people are now realizing. So I guess something good really did come of it.
Again to the OP. Hope everything works out. It's too bad someone had to come in and high jack your legitimate thread for their own selfish motives. Despite their twisting the truth about my original post, I at least was trying to be helpful. Good Luck to you!

To the mod that changed Slamminc11's sig. Wow! Seriously, I have seen some pretty out their sigs, even from mods, that have ranged from politically incorrect, to misstatement, to showing who their favorite football team is. Someone that is a fanboy of one SAT provider or another (in this case both because ol Skottey use to be a pretty adamant E* guy until he saw the light) lashes out because he doesn't agree with a posters choice of provider or his pollitical affiliation. You guys actually react to it? Might as well set up some rules for the sigs...

Was feeling kinda blue this morning and reading this thread and the children fighting was fun. Thanks guys for the laugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts