Cancelled Dish - Where's my boxes?

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I'm beginning to wonder if this isnt' just a scam...

I cancelled my service because AT&T Uverse became an option in my area and it suited me better, price #1. I've had nothing bad to say about my nearly 2 years of service with Dish but after cancelling I'm changing my mind.

Nearly two weeks have passed and as you probably know all equipment must be returned within 30 days of cancellation. I've yet to receive any boxes which they said I would receive within 7-10 days. I've called 3x for these "boxes." Yesterday I called and they said nothing has been processed as far as the boxes. What???????

He checked my address "again" and it was correct and said if I don't return them in time they would charge my account but refund it back. THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! It's not my fault yall can't get the situation straight.

Needless to say I was gonna google how to "detach" the LNB they need and get on the roof like Santa the day before xmas. Upon this search, I found numerous articles in reference to Dish not sending the boxes and then charging customers 100's of dollars, sending boxes to wrong addresses and so forth on different consumer affairs sites. This is becoming very fustrating from a company I trusted.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. It's not my fault they can't get their stuff straight at Dish headquarters.

Dish likes to charge the credit card you signed up with if they do not receive their equpiment within 30 days >> You might see a 500 dollar charge on there...just a heads up

Yes, they like to play games. It is a bit ridiculous but they always seem to have some ploy.

Would if I could but I have the auto pay and it's not charged to the card.
That have access to your checking account??? I would NEVER give them access to my checking account. I have never had any problems with Dish myself in the 12 years that I've been with them, but after reading other peoples nightmares when it comes to Dish and there charging I would never give them a "blank check".

The boxes go to the address on file if they sent them. I have had customers that moved and the boxes went to the old physical address

Well unless you pay by credit card every month I believe they would have the same access be it from auto pay or writing a check? Am I wrong?

I appreciate everyone's helpful info including the email address.

Call them, ask for the RMA number(s), shipping address, and ship them back yourself if you're that concerned about the charges.

Its ANY Credit card or checking account used to make payment on the account that they will try to debit in the event you owe them money.

Lets say your neighbor came over and gave you cash to use your credit card to pay their DISH Network bill. You agreed to it and made the payment....

3 months later your neighbor cancels and then they go ahead and hit your credit card for your neighbors cancellation fees.

the wording in the contract that is signed states the customer is responsible for returning the equip to dish within 30 days dish ships the boxes as a courtesy for the return if you dont want to wait for the boxes to be shipped you can call and they can email you prepaid shipping labes from ups then you box up your recievers and send them back yourself and dish still picks up the shipping cost

The boxes go to the address on file if they sent them. I have had customers that moved and the boxes went to the old physical address

There are two addresses in dishes computer system, a billing address and a service address wich will cause a problem in many of these " wheres the boxes to ship my receivers back " threads. If you've moved or "moved" or have your bills sent to a po box seperate from the installation address then you should contact dish to get both addresses to match up. I had this problem last year when I legitmately moved and the install address changed but the billing didnt and the boxes went to the old install address based on the billing address ( wierd yes but it happened ).

I'm beginning to wonder if this isnt' just a scam...

I cancelled my service because AT&T Uverse became an option in my area and it suited me better, price #1. I've had nothing bad to say about my nearly 2 years of service with Dish but after cancelling I'm changing my mind.

Nearly two weeks have passed and as you probably know all equipment must be returned within 30 days of cancellation. I've yet to receive any boxes which they said I would receive within 7-10 days. I've called 3x for these "boxes." Yesterday I called and they said nothing has been processed as far as the boxes. What???????

He checked my address "again" and it was correct and said if I don't return them in time they would charge my account but refund it back. THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! It's not my fault yall can't get the situation straight.

Needless to say I was gonna google how to "detach" the LNB they need and get on the roof like Santa the day before xmas. Upon this search, I found numerous articles in reference to Dish not sending the boxes and then charging customers 100's of dollars, sending boxes to wrong addresses and so forth on different consumer affairs sites. This is becoming very fustrating from a company I trusted.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated. It's not my fault they can't get their stuff straight at Dish headquarters.
Dish no longer sends out boxes to customers. They stopped doing that two months ago...For examle. In the past we would go to an upgrade and install the new EQ. The customer would then be shipped boxes with prepaid shipping lables. Now we have to collect the EQ and bring it to our office. We now absorb the cost of shipping Dish's EQ back to them.
My advice to you is don't stand on principle. Get soem boxes, find out where to send them, and ship them back. It's better to pay a few bucks to UPS than to get slammed for hundreds. Don't dig your heels in on this..Just get rid of the potential headache. I know this is a sh!tty thing to do but the consequences can be a real rip....

Last edited:
Well, I've talked to a CSR for the third time on the 24th and they said the boxes have shipped. They gave me the actual tracking number and shows UPS "has delivery info." so we'll see if they get here.

I've already packed everything up and got the shipping address: to El Paso, TX? Does that seem right? I thought it would go back to Colorado but anyhow back on track... if I don't receive the boxes by the weekend will send them off via UPS ground.

*I didn't have to go on the roof to get the LNB, I informed them I didn't have a stepladder and didn't intend on buying one and climbing up their would be a safety issue and they said ok. The CSR stated if I get charged for it, put a note in the box and they will refund it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)