Cancelled Time Warner for DirecTV

nitemare

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
oh
Well, I had enough with Time Warner liars and crooks. Signed up back in Sept.2009. They said I would be on the win dishback promo for $104 a month (includes all 3 services). Said thats fine.

Well, its Feb. and I never received the promo. TW said they received my fax showing I had another provider, but needed all the pages. Faxed them, emailed them multiple times since Dec. They said they got it and will process the promo. So far, nothing.

Must have called every week since Jan. Everytime more excuses..Pat Brewer, supposedely the only person in the entire Time Warner company works on promotions has not got around to it yet. She is still working on December.

I had enough! Cancelled phone. Cancelled TV.

Dont deal with these crooked, no good liars. I know DirecTV has horrible reviews, but after being ripped off for months from TW - nothing can get worse.

Well, I had enough with Time Warner liars and crooks. Signed up back in Sept.2009. They said I would be on the win dishback promo for $104 a month (includes all 3 services). Said thats fine.

Well, its Feb. and I never received the promo. TW said they received my fax showing I had another provider, but needed all the pages. Faxed them, emailed them multiple times since Dec. They said they got it and will process the promo. So far, nothing.

Must have called every week since Jan. Everytime more excuses..Pat Brewer, supposedely the only person in the entire Time Warner company works on promotions has not got around to it yet. She is still working on December.

I had enough! Cancelled phone. Cancelled TV.

Dont deal with these crooked, no good liars. I know DirecTV has horrible reviews, but after being ripped off for months from TW - nothing can get worse.

I wouldn't blame you, if they did the same to me. They got me back on a dish winback promotion in august and they have done exactly what they promised so far. I have no complaints other than missing my Dish Dvr and TWC occasional glitches to their SDV.

Time warner was at my house for last time yesterday. Disconnected TV and PHONE! So happy!

DirecTV was installed 2 days ago. Perfect picture. I now can watch MLB Network, DIY, Sprout, and tons other channels Time Warner would not provide or cost more. I have concluded if you have a house and a good place for a dish to be mounted, there is no way you should get cable. Time Warner cable already went out 3x since Sept.2009.

Goodbye Time Warner..

I just signed up with TWC. I'll be saving approx $50/month vs. Directv/HTC internet (local cable/DSL provider). I've been with D* for 6 years this April but they have priced themselves out of the market here. This was the first year I went without Sunday Ticket as the yearly price increase has, as I said, priced it out of reach for me currently

They refuse to install a "swim" adapter which would allow me to view one channel while recording another and have PIP, saying that is only for new customers, and will only run a new wire along the outside of the house which is completely unacceptable to me.

My current setup: 1 HD-DVR, 1 basic box. Only premium channel is HBO. My bill is $127/month + $45/month for DSL. I will now be paying $125/month for 1 HD-DVR, 1 HD box, basic cable in two other rooms, the top Digital Cable package w/ HBO, AND Roadrunner Basic. If I were to add on another HD box in another room as I plan on doing, D* would cost even more.

So yeah, in these economic times when money's tight, especially with a 1 yr old child, this is good for me. In a year maybe I'll revisit this and go back to D* since I could get a new subscriber package but for now, they're out. Buh bye.

Satellite will always be cheaper than cable.

Satellite has no taxes owed to state, no overhead.

Time Warner will jack your rates up in no time. Plus, cable users will always get less channels for more money than satellite.

It stinks you could not get SWM. Try back next year after TW promo expires and you see your bill double.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)