Cancelled without my permission.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
"Cancelled By user" it says for a program I wanted following another episode with no conflicts.
I did NOT cancel it. This is not the first time this has happened on my HwS for "New and Reruns."
There is no make up. This was a series rerun but I had not seen these episodes and probably never will.

What is wrong with the Hopper and why is it lying about denying my request?
Sometimes it seems that even if you check the schedule it will drop a show at the last minute.

On another note: where is the software update?
I really need it to store all those episodes stopping in the last few seconds of EHD transfer.

-Ken

dish suck balls, am having the same problem. All they say we would let tech supports know about issue and we are working on to fix. It been like this for 3 month, there customer service is better than time warner those.

dish suck balls, am having the same problem. All they say we would let tech supports know about issue and we are working on to fix. It been like this for 3 month, there customer service is better than time warner those.

Yes DISH can say that there is a known problem and say that they are Sorry a lot faster than TWC ,who never admits there is a problem on their end.

Has happened to my 2H w/ Sling set up a few times over the last six months as well. One thing I noticed is that if the timers were restored from another Hopper to a new unit, those are where my problems occur. I only seem to ever have problems with THOSE timers. You can see when and where your timers were created as you highlight each timer in the list and view it's info on the right. If it shows an R number as the creation location, that identifies which Hopper unit the timer was created on. If it has been created on the current unit, it should show the name you have assigned and not the R number (provided a name was assigned at setup).

I would say as soon as you experience a problem with a timer, delete it and re-create it as a matter of habit. There is no telling what ID code or programming information changes on the guide for shows every so often. That may also mess something up with timers. Just to be safe, I now redo the timer if it messes up, and none of the redone timers has had another problem. That doesn't restore your shows, but maybe it will help in the future. I would also make a habit of redoing timers that have been in the list through more than two software updates. Do I have anything valid to support this recommendation? Nope! Just personal experience, observation, a suspicious nature, and a gut feeling. ;)

Last edited:
I had a half dozen programs canceled by "me" and I didn't do it. Lost a night of season finales and even news programs.
To make it worse although not recording it will not let me record them (or the last part on one ) from live.
Still on S342 and waiting. Never had this before although recently have had some "canceled" programs.
-Ken

I have PTAT enabled for one night, one network but I change the day often to be the day before today or 6 days from now. Thus no PTAT block is recorded, just MY timers.
-Ken

Tuner 3 may be failing.. Iwent to customers house who had this issue... Signals on Tuner1 and Tuner2 where all good.. but checking tuner 3 the signals where like 10-30 lower.. Check this to make sure it's not failing..

Even if that was the case, it should say something about the signal dropping out, NOT that the user cancelled the recording.

(In other words, it's still a bug!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)