Cannot see SD Locals on One Receiver Only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wassct

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
For some reason I cannot see my SD locals on one of my receivers. They are working on the other receivers in the house, just not the bedroom receiver. They worked the other day and all of a sudden it says to call customer service. I rebooted the receiver but still no luck. Any ideas what could be causing it? Could it be a multiswitch problem since it's just happening on one receiver?

Thanks for the help, I figured I would try here before having to call Directv.

wassct said:
For some reason I cannot see my SD locals on one of my receivers. They are working on the other receivers in the house, just not the bedroom receiver. They worked the other day and all of a sudden it says to call customer service. I rebooted the receiver but still no luck. Any ideas what could be causing it? Could it be a multiswitch problem since it's just happening on one receiver?

Thanks for the help, I figured I would try here before having to call Directv.

It could be a multiswitch, but if you have the phase 3 dish, you don't need one, as it is built into the dish. Try switching the cables at the switch to see if it helps. Make sure the receivers are unplugged before you do this.

The screen says:

"For Ordering Information, please call Extenstion 721"

Oh, also I have 3 receivers and this one is an RCA (not sure what model #) but one of the older ones. My other receivers are a Hughs Tivo and an HD Receiver Box.

OK, have you called DirecTV and asked to have a "re-authorization" or "re-hit" sent to that specific receiver ID? After the reboot of the receiver did you perform the initial setup again? Seems like it may have lost some of it's authorization.

charper1 said:
OK, have you called DirecTV and asked to have a "re-authorization" or "re-hit" sent to that specific receiver ID? After the reboot of the receiver did you perform the initial setup again? Seems like it may have lost some of it's authorization.

Thats what I was about to say lol

Thanks everyone for your help. I called Directv, used there automated system, dialed extension 721 which was showing on my screen and the picture came on. I'm still not sure why they went off in the first place but at least they are working now.

Thanks again!

cool, so it was the lost authorization. Was that receiver not connected to the dish or unplugged for any length of time? AND you now know what to do IF it happens to you or any of your friends.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)