Can't figure out what to get for Galaxy 19 setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know that SatAV has a vested interest in the GEOSAT pvr that is currently available, so I will add that is the receiver that came to my mind when browsing this thread. A few members use them and have reviewed them. I think Iceberg either uses one or has one. It won't do HD or the DVB-S2 signals but is a nice beginner box.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

You guys have been extremely helpful!

1. So if I don't place the dish on the pole, here is the LOS from the balcony. Should I raise the dish higher?
IMG_8279.jpg

And here is the pic from dishpointer. I am on the top floor, but landlord really does not want me placing anything on the roof (even the non-penetrating stuff)
Screen Shot 2012-04-07 at 6.27.35 PM.png

2. How does Sadoun's new SatHawk PVR950 HD USB compare to MicroHD?

Notice that I first suggested a used Visionsat and not a new GEOSATpro? :)

Personally, at this point I would suggest the op purchase the used Visionsat for $35 - $50. Figure out if he likes the hobby then he can shop at a later date based on knowledge!

Looks like there is nothing Visionsat on e-bay. Hmmm.

apsinkus said:
So if I don't place the dish on the pole, here is the LOS from the balcony. Should I raise the dish higher?

Depends..... The satellites are in an arc. The satellite orbital position that is similar to your install location longitude will the highest point in the arc and slopes to the Eastern and Western horizons. The dish line of sight may clear the buildings directly south of you, but will same dish location provide line of sight for the rest of the satellites that are lower in the sky to the East and West?

Depends..... The satellites are in an arc. The satellite orbital position that is similar to your install location longitude will the highest point in the arc and slopes to the Eastern and Western horizons. The dish line of sight may clear the buildings directly south of you, but will same dish location provide line of sight for the rest of the satellites that are lower in the sky to the East and West?

I am really trying to just hit Galaxy 19. Whole setup is just for one channel - LTV World.

Latitude: 42.3953°
Longitude: -71.1187°
Satellite: 97W GALAXY 19 (G-19)
Elevation: 34.5°
Azimuth (true): 215.7°
Azimuth (magn.): 230.7°

If a fixed dish, either measure out the heights as provided by DishPointer or if you have a digital level (or smart phone digital level app) site up towards the roof from the back corner of the yard.

Judging from the photo and tbe DishPointer screen capture.... it could be close, Probably could only be sure by sighting the aiming azimuth and elevation from the install location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.