Can't find new HD Locals in Memphis TN?

Imallvol7

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
I am sorry. I know this is a RIDICULOUSLY dumb question and I feel like a moron for having to ask it, but where are the local HD channels? It says that local HD launched in Memphis last month, but I can not find them! Please help. Yes, I have the HD plan, etc. etc.

Last edited:
VIP211 with Top 250 and HD Essentials and pay for local channels.

That is your receiver model and programming package.

In order to troubleshoot your issue, you need to tell us what model of satellite dish(es) are installed at your house and, if you know, what orbital locations they're pointing at.

They are located at channel numbers 5171-5173. You need a Vip HD receiver and a Dish looking at 61.5 (you did not answer the question as to which dish(es) you have, you answered with your subscription packages). If you have the HD channel map down feature enabled, they should appear at the low channel number (below 100) as well.

I have dish 500. Sorry, don't know about orbits. I just thought there may be an easy fix. It says they are available at my address and that they are on channel 5171, 5172, and 5173. I changed it to all channels in the menu and those do not exist on my guide. We get all other HD channels though.

Edit: Replied after I saw your info. I am not very knowledgeable in Satellite yet but I will try to figure out how to point it at 61.5. Will that mess up my other channels?

Call Dish, Tell them that you want a 61.5 dish to get local HD. (You will have another dish pointed in a different direction). DO NOT pay them anything. I got mine put on in Hernando two weeks ago. Dish did it for free and they did not extend my contract. I had to talk to a second CSR to get it for free. Just be a little pushy.

Also remember, that 3, 5, and 13 are the only locals in HD Currently. 24 and 30 were uplinked but never turned on. I have emailed them several times, but I get no reply.

Call Dish, Tell them that you want a 61.5 dish to get local HD. (You will have another dish pointed in a different direction). DO NOT pay them anything. I got mine put on in Hernando two weeks ago. Dish did it for free and they did not extend my contract. I had to talk to a second CSR to get it for free. Just be a little pushy.

Also remember, that 3, 5, and 13 are the only locals in HD Currently. 24 and 30 were uplinked but never turned on. I have emailed them several times, but I get no reply.

Station manager estimates that channel 24 will not be available before 12/31. Station was bought by Newport and is hardballing. Email them and let them know how you feel about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)