Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
Any one else getting NHK on this satellite?

4041 H 16180

I have no sign of it tonight

NHK Signal Quality

We did that change on Sunday...

On my setup I receive this TP on my Coolsat 6000P at a SQ of between 59 and 63.

It is a very high quality signal and almost never pixelates. On other satellites it takes a 65 SQ for a stable video.

Can you explain why this is?

The NHK transponder is using a FEC (Forward Error Correction) of 1/2, meaning for every bit sent out the next bit is error correction.

For DVB-S QPSK the FEC can be any of the following: [High Error Correction] (1/2) , (2/3) , (3/4) , (5/6) , (7/8) [Low Error Correction]

If the FEC was 7/8 it would be harder to receive as that would meant that seven bits are sent out and the eight bit would be error correction.

Last edited:
On my setup I receive this TP on my Coolsat 6000P at a SQ of between 59 and 63.

It is a very high quality signal and almost never pixelates. On other satellites it takes a 65 SQ for a stable video.

Can you explain why this is?

I work in the Commercial side, not the Consumer...best to let people who know how a Coolsat IRD preforms with your home system...

Krapola, what's up with NHK and the two muxes on Galaxy 13? One is DVB-S2 and the other is DVB-S. Is NHK HD going to be on both Intelsat 9 and Galaxy 13? Is the DVB-S mux on Galaxy 13 temporary? I noticed that on Galaxy 13, encryption has been turned on.

Krapola, what's up with NHK and the two muxes on Galaxy 13? One is DVB-S2 and the other is DVB-S. Is NHK HD going to be on both Intelsat 9 and Galaxy 13? Is the DVB-S mux on Galaxy 13 temporary? I noticed that on Galaxy 13, encryption has been turned on.

We bring in NHK via IS8 on-pass to IS9...Atlanta uplinks the Gal13...What NHK's upcoming plans are is up to them and I would rather not want to comment..

Well hopefully they wont encrypt. They provide an excellent service.

Between them and RT and OTA I have more then enough to watch.

All for the low cost of FREE!

Well hopefully they wont encrypt. They provide an excellent service.

Between them and RT and OTA I have more then enough to watch.

All for the low cost of FREE!

Some of the programming is excellent. They should leave it in the clear so that America can educate itself on Asian culture and especially Japan.

Any one else getting NHK on this satellite?

4041 H 16180

I have no sign of it tonight

Hi Ikki,

I pm'd you. Also I did see that c band dish would possibly see Intelsat 9 at 58 w from AZ but the tracker recommends 240cm dish! That's almost 8 ft!!

I don't think my backyard is big enough for that...

Any help would be appreciated greatly...

Thanks.

John.

Anything on 58W comes in easily on my 1.8m prime focus in Colorado. That antenna is light enough that I put it up on my roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)