Can't get local HD signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eianson

Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Hi,

I just had an HD DVR installed yesterday. When I tried to tune into the Colts/Pats game tonight, I couldn't get a signal from my local NBC affiliate signal. All of the other basic HD channels seem to be working, but the local channels don't seem to be picking up. I am getting "Searching for signal (771) as the message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric

What city and is it satellite delivered local or OTA. If you have the new HR20 Hd dvr then the OTA tuners are not active yet. You won't get any network programming unless directv delivers your locals in hd via the satellites.

What city and is it satellite delivered local or OTA. If you have the new HR20 Hd dvr then the OTA tuners are not active yet. You won't get any network programming unless directv delivers your locals in hd via the satellites.

Washington DC - My understanding is that local broadcast should be on the satellite. Also, while playing around last night, I am pretty sure I was some HD programming on CBS (I think it was CSI).

Washington DC - My understanding is that local broadcast should be on the satellite. Also, while playing around last night, I am pretty sure I was some HD programming on CBS (I think it was CSI).

You didn't say what receiver you were using, HR10-250 or HR20-700.
Have you checked you sat signal on your locals transponders, if you are getting them from the sat, if your getting them OTA, let us know what your antenna situation, what type is it, outdoor, indoor, in attic ect.

Jimbo

You didn't say what receiver you were using, HR10-250 or HR20-700.
Have you checked you sat signal on your locals transponders, if you are getting them from the sat, if your getting them OTA, let us know what your antenna situation, what type is it, outdoor, indoor, in attic ect.

Jimbo

H20-700. Transponders look good. Locals are on the at Sat. Interestingly enough, everying seems to be working just fine today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts