Can't get my remote to work...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I did the component to the (TV1-722DVR) as well as the HDMI to (TV1-secondary tv) in order to get HDMI on both High-def TV's however my 21.0 will not work.

I opened up the remote, it was already on UHF since it's in the second room. What do I do now? I just ran a quick setup so I have HDMI cable everywhere (wanted to make sure it worked before I did the neat one) but while the main room remote works the second one does not.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have remote and receiver set to the same address? Is the remote antenna screwed into the correct port on the receiver?

Remote antenna is screwed in, how do I change the address and to what?

Didja flip the plastic "chip" over from "2" to "1" like I told you? Good!When the remote arrived, if new, it probably was set for TV2/UHF. Now you need to snyc the remote address to the receiver. Take the new remote to the receiver by the main TV. Power on the TV & receiver. Open the small door on the right and press the SYS INFO button. Now press RECORD on the REMOTE. TV1's tuner should change to Dish Pro IR/UHF and the remote and tuner should be on the correct address.:up That SHOULD do it. If not, break out your manual and read how to change remote addresses. If ya still need help, HOLLER!:)

Ed

You'll want both your current 20.0 IR and the new 21.0 IR/UHF set to the same remote #. It can be anything from 1-16, I believe. I think the factory setting is #1.

Hey Old corps,

Sorry I didn't see ya on and was needing help ASAP. =-)

Ok, still nothing. Only switch under the cover is UHF-IR, it was and I left it on UHF. NOTE: My remote still controls the tv via coaxial, just not HDMI.

Nothing has worked including the tip above.

Here's what I did per the manual of "changing the address for the remote control 2"
-system info.
-I held SAT for 3 seconds
-I changed the secondary address to another number between 1-28
-Pressed #
-Pressed record
-Select

And still nothing. ARGH!

On the DVR, it also shows TV1 lit up "only once" in yellow. TV2 is lit up with blue and the other square in red?

Anyone?

Beautiful picture that I have to control from the other room, driving me nuts.

And now tried setting everything to 1 and still no go. Still can control TV2 coaxial though.:rant:

Didja flip the plastic "chip" over from "2" to "1" like I told you? Good!When the remote arrived, if new, it probably was set for TV2/UHF. Now you need to snyc the remote address to the receiver. Take the new remote to the receiver by the main TV. Power on the TV & receiver. Open the small door on the right and press the SYS INFO button. Now press RECORD on the REMOTE. TV1's tuner should change to Dish Pro IR/UHF and the remote and tuner should be on the correct address.:up That SHOULD do it. If not, break out your manual and read how to change remote addresses. If ya still need help, HOLLER!:)

Ed

You'll want both your current 20.0 IR and the new 21.0 IR/UHF set to the same remote #. It can be anything from 1-16, I believe. I think the factory setting is #1.

Didja do this---Push the SYS INFO button on the RECEIVER, then RECORD on the new 21.0 remote???If you have the "chip" showing "1" it should change the TV1 tuner to Dish Pro UHF/IR. You're getting confused. You need to make the address of the TV1 tuner and the new remote the same. To view HD on the 2nd TV you'll be watching on TV1 NOT TV2! SD via coax will be as it has been--on the TV2 tuner..................

Ed

Didja do this---Push the SYS INFO button on the RECEIVER, then RECORD on the new 21.0 remote???If you have the "chip" showing "1" it should change the TV1 tuner to Dish Pro UHF/IR. You're getting confused. You need to make the address of the TV1 tuner and the new remote the same. To view HD on the 2nd TV you'll be watching on TV1 NOT TV2! SD via coax will be as it has been--on the TV2 tuner..................

Ed

Yes, didn't do anything.

Ed I can't find the switch you keep telling me to change it from 1-2. I undid the cover on the remote, and the only the I saw was the UHF-IR switch that you can move with a paper clip or screwdriver.

Yes, didn't do anything.

Ed I can't find the switch you keep telling me to change it from 1-2. I undid the cover on the remote, and the only the I saw was the UHF-IR switch that you can move with a paper clip or screwdriver.

Take the battery cover off.

Remove the batteries.

Slide the plastic piece out (it slides DOWN) and turn it over so that it now says 1 instead of 2. You may have to use a very small scredriver of nail file tip & push in at the top of the piece to unlatch it. The sewich inside does need to stay on UHF.

Ed

I'm talking about the plastic piece at the bottom of the remote that probably has a blue "2" showing now. Flip it over to the green "1" and slide back in!

Last edited:
Leave the remote alone!!!

Do like my previous post said and put your receiver into single mode.

HAHA, the joke is on me. I kept overlooking the obvious, the only switch I kept messing with was the "actual switch" inside.

LITTLE DID I RECOGNIZE OR COME TO REALIZE YOU ALL WERE IMPLYING WAS TO TAKE THE LITTLE 1/2 CHIP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE REMOTE OUT

It's amazing to me that in these days and times gadgets have hidden parts. I mean, back in the day if I would've even tried and taken it apart, the remote would've been deemed broken. Goodness gracious, who would've thought a little piece at the very bottom of the remote that I thought was just there to label the remote COMES OUT.

Problem solved, thank you all especially you ED and to all a good night. :)

HAHA, the joke is on me. I kept overlooking the obvious, the only switch I kept messing with was the "actual switch" inside.

LITTLE DID I RECOGNIZE OR COME TO REALIZE YOU ALL WERE IMPLYING WAS TO TAKE THE LITTLE 1/2 CHIP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE REMOTE OUT

It's amazing to me that in these days and times gadgets have hidden parts. I mean, back in the day if I would've even tried and taken it apart, the remote would've been deemed broken. Goodness gracious, who would've thought a little piece at the very bottom of the remote that I thought was just there to label the remote COMES OUT.

Problem solved, thank you all especially you ED and to all a good night. :)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:):):):):)

Yer welcome Gary, now go watch some TV will ya???LOL

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)