cant get sat siginal

It really depends on the situation with the DVR. What seems to be the problem with the DVR, prior to the signal loss?

Basically, if it overheats, yes it can. If the tuners are bad, yes it can.. If its freezing, yes.

We would probably need more information though. What is known to be wrong with the DVR?

The dvr is in my motor home and I don't use it that much it is a old 510 , I put a new lnb on my dish that didn't help ,I went from my house to my dvr and that didn't work, I called dish and they said being its in a motor home my service policy wasn't any good ,although they take my money every month, they gave me a phone number of a private contractor who said he couldn't get there till wed., so how do you test a dvr to find out if it is any good. Ron

Are you using the same connections you previously used and it worked then? When I got a new RV a few years ago I needed to have a cable/antenna splitter replaced as it wasn't compatible with a satellite signal. Had to run the cable though an open window straight to the receiver until I got it working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)