Can't Get WD MyBook to Work as EHD on 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I connect the brand new MyBook Essentials 500G to my 622 using USB and nothing happens. I go to "manage my device" and I get the message that it is not supported. If I disconnect it I get a message saying "you have disconected a USB device" . If I re-connect it I get a message saying you have connected a multimedia device, would you like to mange it's contents, I hit yes and nothing happens.

I did activate the EHD with Dish, spoke to tech twice but it still will not work. Did hard and soft reboots on the receiver and I also hooked up the HD to my computer and it works fine. Any thoughts?

Oops, sorry wrong section, moderator could you please move it to appropriate one.

I recently started having this same problem with a 622 and a WDElements hard drive. The hard drive had been working great since I bought it last November. Now all of a sudden I get the "feature not supported" message. I was thinking it was because of the last upgrade to L621.

Dish of course is telling me the hard drive is bad although I tested it on my PC as well.

A few people on the hard drive thread said it didn't work until they replaced the DVR. Having tried everything, I've given up on it for now.

On a side note, one of the techs deleted the EHD authorization and re-authorized it to see if that would fix the problem. When I called to cancel it so I don't have to pay the $39.99, the CSR said that my account showed that I have 2 EHD's . So I had to clear that up too. ARRRRRGHHHHH!

I connect the brand new MyBook Essentials 500G to my 622 using USB and nothing happens. I go to "manage my device" and I get the message that it is not supported. If I disconnect it I get a message saying "you have disconected a USB device" . If I re-connect it I get a message saying you have connected a multimedia device, would you like to mange it's contents, I hit yes and nothing happens.

I did activate the EHD with Dish, spoke to tech twice but it still will not work. Did hard and soft reboots on the receiver and I also hooked up the HD to my computer and it works fine. Any thoughts?

Sounds like your dvr is not recognising The format of the hard drive.
I just installed a new Wd drive and had the same problem. It also Recognized my other drive. I formatted the drive with my computer (NTFS). Moved drive to DVR,
then it was recognized and formated, now it works fine.
Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)