Question about existing customer upgrade

S

sooner_luvr

Sep 24, 2006
If this has been asked before, sorry - I didn't find it:

I am long term existing customer with no contrac. I have 2 SD receivers (1 is a DVR), no HD. I want to upgrade 2 HD receivers (1 w/DVR). I am willing to do a 24mo contract. I think they will offer me free HD for 3 months and $10 off for 12 months.

My questions:

1. Can I use the dish builder (to specify I want a 722k) as an existing customer, or do I have to deal with cust service and may not get the 722k? Is there a better path for current customers to uprade? (we are also moving in 2 weeks, if this matters)

2. Will I have to pay anything for the upgraded recievers?

Thanks!!

boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Simplest answer call DISH and ask. They have access to your account and how you are rated as a customer of theirs.

L

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
If this has been asked before, sorry - I didn't find it:

I am long term existing customer with no contrac. I have 2 SD receivers (1 is a DVR), no HD. I want to upgrade 2 HD receivers (1 w/DVR). I am willing to do a 24mo contract. I think they will offer me free HD for 3 months and $10 off for 12 months.

My questions:

1. Can I use the dish builder (to specify I want a 722k) as an existing customer, or do I have to deal with cust service and may not get the 722k? Is there a better path for current customers to uprade? (we are also moving in 2 weeks, if this matters)

2. Will I have to pay anything for the upgraded recievers?

Thanks!!

They will likely offer $10 off for 12 months and free HBO/Showtime for 3 months. Probably also the Platinum HD pack free for 3 months. If you do autopayment you will also get all the Cinemax channels for 1 cent per year. The receivers depends on who you deal with. You can log into your account and look at your Dish'nItUp deals. Usually the 722k costs $75-$150 installed. They might toss in a 211 or 612 for free. It depends. Sometimes you get a CSR that really gives you a deal.

W

will53033

Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
They will likely offer $10 off for 12 months and free HBO/Showtime for 3 months. Probably also the Platinum HD pack free for 3 months. If you do autopayment you will also get all the Cinemax channels for 1 cent per year. The receivers depends on who you deal with. You can log into your account and look at your Dish'nItUp deals. Usually the 722k costs $75-$150 installed. They might toss in a 211 or 612 for free. It depends. Sometimes you get a CSR that really gives you a deal.

I was able to get a 722k for free - however, only after several phone calls over a few days. As mentioned it depends on the csr that you get.

Good lick.

Scherrman

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
You should do a Dish Mover Receiver Upgrade. That's what they should sign you up for.