Can't Get WD MyBook to Work as EHD on 622

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I connect the brand new MyBook Essentials 500G to my 622 using USB and nothing happens. I go to "manage my device" and I get the message that it is not supported. If I disconnect it I get a message saying "you have disconected a USB device" . If I re-connect it I get a message saying you have connected a multimedia device, would you like to mange it's contents, I hit yes and nothing happens.

I did activate the EHD with Dish, spoke to tech twice but it still will not work. Did hard and soft reboots on the receiver and I also hooked up the HD to my computer and it works fine. Any thoughts?

Oops, sorry wrong section, moderator could you please move it to appropriate one.

I recently started having this same problem with a 622 and a WDElements hard drive. The hard drive had been working great since I bought it last November. Now all of a sudden I get the "feature not supported" message. I was thinking it was because of the last upgrade to L621.

Dish of course is telling me the hard drive is bad although I tested it on my PC as well.

A few people on the hard drive thread said it didn't work until they replaced the DVR. Having tried everything, I've given up on it for now.

On a side note, one of the techs deleted the EHD authorization and re-authorized it to see if that would fix the problem. When I called to cancel it so I don't have to pay the $39.99, the CSR said that my account showed that I have 2 EHD's . So I had to clear that up too. ARRRRRGHHHHH!

I connect the brand new MyBook Essentials 500G to my 622 using USB and nothing happens. I go to "manage my device" and I get the message that it is not supported. If I disconnect it I get a message saying "you have disconected a USB device" . If I re-connect it I get a message saying you have connected a multimedia device, would you like to mange it's contents, I hit yes and nothing happens.

I did activate the EHD with Dish, spoke to tech twice but it still will not work. Did hard and soft reboots on the receiver and I also hooked up the HD to my computer and it works fine. Any thoughts?

Sounds like your dvr is not recognising The format of the hard drive.
I just installed a new Wd drive and had the same problem. It also Recognized my other drive. I formatted the drive with my computer (NTFS). Moved drive to DVR,
then it was recognized and formated, now it works fine.
Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)