Can't move 4 Revolutions to an EHD

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
I have 4 weeks of Revolution on my HWS DVR, and they do not show up on the transfer screens. I know there's an 8(?) day restriction on that, but this is 4 weeks worth. Revolution is a program set for saving since its inception, and this is the first time for a problem like this. Reasons, anyone? Cure?

Are these also still displayed in your PTAT folder? If so, try deleting them from the PTAT folder. Do other recordings that start with R or S appear in the transfer list?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Those episodes of Revolution didn't happen to be recorded using PrimeTime Anytime, did they? Click on an episode, select Edit and check the File Size. If it shows as 0 GB, then that's what happened. I discovered this issue affecting PTAT recordings since early December. Everything recorded through it saves with no size. If this applies to you, you can't move the episodes from the Hopper just yet. In a few weeks to up to a month's time they should eventually regain size so the EHD can see them. I had some Christmas shows saved on the Hopper that I couldn't move. I thought they were stuck on the Hopper and I couldn't bring myself to delete them. When I checked in January I noticed the EHD was now able to see them because now the sizes were there. I hope this helps but it may not since you said this is only four weeks ago and I have been experiencing the 0 GB size issue for months now. Also I'm not sure what you mean by an 8 day restriction because I can transfer shows recorded within the same day I have recorded them.

I sometimes get a show with 0 sec displayed--wife was waiting for it. As I had recordings in progress I had to wait before I could do a reboot. That brought its time back immediately and allowed viewing the next day. No PTAT ever. -Ken

So I checked the PTAT folder and only the 3/19 show was listed there. Checked the sizes and the earlier three had the "normal" size of about 2GB, while 3/19 shows 0GB. And my understanding is that there's an 8 day delay before one is able to transfer a PTAT recording to an EHD. Of course, one of the reasons I allow these to be recorded via PTAT is that the OTA recordings get so screwed up, to say nothing of conflicts that happen. So I basically save OTA for PBS or a local station that's not on PTAT.

And other R's and S's show up, unless within that 8 day window for PTAT recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts