Can't OTA. Quality is 55

MarvinB

Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Idaho
I just moved my dish to my new apt. I've got it on the roof with a clear shot at the satellite. All of my channels come in with at least 55 Q, but almost all are higher, at 65. I'm using DVR1100c.

I haven't had my system in use for about 15 months from a previous move so my channels are out of date. When I go to the OTA and do the "update now" option, it says signal "OK" for a while, then says "FAIL" for a short time before returning to "OK". The OTA doesn't happen. When I look at channel 106 I have Q of 65. Channel 901 is 55. I can't tune to channel 113.

One thing that is confusing to me is that almost all of the channels are at Q 65, but in the channel search menu it shows as only 50.

I did the setup while on channel 106.

Thanks for any help. :)

The receiver hasn't been updated in so long that it has the old update transponder in the updating screen. Verify the three channels which are used to obtain proper dish aiming: 901, 113 and 106. All three channels must be balanced in Signal Quality and have a mininum Signal Quality reading of 50% (preferably much higher and as balanced as possible).

To change to the new updating transponder, enter the OTA update menu and press the red button on the remote control. Change the transponder frequency from 12115 to 11842 then perform the update. Once this update has been manually performed, the unit will automatically update from the new transponder.

The receiver hasn't been updated in so long that it has the old update transponder in the updating screen. Verify the three channels which are used to obtain proper dish aiming: 901, 113 and 106. All three channels must be balanced in Signal Quality and have a mininum Signal Quality reading of 50% (preferably much higher and as balanced as possible).

To change to the new updating transponder, enter the OTA update menu and press the red button on the remote control. Change the transponder frequency from 12115 to 11842 then perform the update. Once this update has been manually performed, the unit will automatically update from the new transponder.

Thank you! As soon as I changed to 11842 the update started immediately and now everything works great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)