Can't pick up sat 129 on new dish HD turbo w/1000.2

CupcakeKid

Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca
Been using an old 500 dish with my 211k. Been taking the 211k with me on weekends to second home. Of course it doesn't pick up HD. So I got a turbo 1000.2 dish. The turbo dish setup will not pick up sat 129. Message says it can't find the satellite. Picks up 110 and 119 ok. Brought the LNBR home and swapped it with my home LNBR. Works fine at home. The second home dish is pointing approx. 45 degrees away from the house. So I am thinking the house is not in the way. Any ideas why I can't pick up sat 129?

Make sure mast is plumb, skew is set for your area, elevation right. When you find a signal for the 119 make sure it is the first satellite the dish sees when you run the switch test.

When I go back I will check the Plumb. The skew is correct per Dish info but the elevation is not what Dish recommends. Off by 8 to 10 degrees as is the one at my home with a Dish tech adjusted.

I'd recommend using Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

Put in your Zip code, select the "Multi-LNB Dish 1000.2" from the satellite drop down box, and it will give you the best angles

When it says "Conn" after a check switch test, that means it's connected properly, but doesn't have any signal coming through (which will most likely be caused by the dish needing a repoint, or an obstruction)

Have you run the check switch test yet? I noticed that was missing from the explanation.

Is there anything that could be blocking the 129? Simple question, but it happens.

Make sure the settings are correct for 1k2 since they will be significantly different from the 500 dish. The above-posted site should work or someone can look it up from all the install manuals around

What about the old suggestion to cover the outer LNBs with foil. The center feed would be 119 in Menu+6+1+1 and the others read nil. With 119W and the skew and a plumb mast the outer LNB without foil should reveal 110 and 129. Adjust 119 for elevation and azimuth. Then consider balancing 110 and 129 signals with a slight skew adjust. Tweak the elevation by balancing 110 and 129 vs. 119 signals. All should be mid-40s or higher even on original small Dish 500.
-Ken

Have you run the check switch test yet? I noticed that was missing from the explanation.

Is there anything that could be blocking the 129? Simple question, but it happens.

Make sure the settings are correct for 1k2 since they will be significantly different from the 500 dish. The above-posted site should work or someone can look it up from all the install manuals around

Yep, ran the check disk many times.

About 10 feet from the dish are 4 power lines going from the house to the barn. Is it possible that a power line 10 feet from the dish will block the signal on sat 129? When the original 500 was installed it was put there by a Dish tech. I just assumed that the same location would work with the turbo 1000.2.

The Dishpointer gave me a skew of 84.5 and I used 86.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts