Cant remotely set recording for 4K NFL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I left on vacation and forgot to set the DVR. I know I'm an idiot. So... I pull out my phone and my laptop and try to set the game to record from there. I cant. Channel 105 shows up as no information available in the guide online through directv.com and on the iPhone app the channels are not even there. Disappointed as not only will I now not see the game aside from the HD version, I cant enjoy it in 4K because DirecTV can't seem to add the program guide data to the web to allow for remote recording. Does anyone have the backstory on why you cant set 4K live events to remotely record on DirecTV.com?

Reactions: longhorn23
I've had this exact same problem when going on vacation a few times. My longhorns were playing in 4k but it didn't show up in the guide before I left for vacation. So I had to get a friend to use a code to get into my house just to hit record on the guide. I agree it makes no sense why 4k programming can't be recorded on the phone or on their website. I've also had directv randomly cancel scheduled live 4k recordings for no reason at all.

Does Directv allow setting up a manual time/channel recording? Never seen a DVR that doesn't allow something that basic.

I WAS able to set up a 4k channel to record thru the website ...
Make sure your logged in, go to guide ... now a lot of the programming didn't show yet, said something like Programming not available, however I went to where programming did show and I was able to set a recording for later tonight on 104 ...
Nothing on 105 was showing any programming yet.

I complained about this over a year ago, got nowhere with them. The excuse they gave me was because I couldn't view the channel on my iPhone/iPad. So I ask then why did they allow you to set up a remote record for the 3D channel, they couldn't answer that question.

Reactions: longhorn23

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts