Can't see 61.5 TPs 19 and 23!

Can't see 61.5 TP's 19 and 23

Good morning. I'm also having the same problem mentioned on this thread. I was just looking into finding info to align the dish pointing to 61.5, thinking that the storms early this morning may have shifted the dish by the heavy winds causing the loss but now I know that theres a problem with D'Network. Will check thru out the day to see if any changes happen before contacting CS.

Both belong E12 and as we know engineers working with the sat/tpns.

I thought of that yesterday but TP 19 and 23 are not gonna be Spotbeams so why would they be playing with those TPs?

I would encourage all the people with these problem to call Dish Network and report it so they'll stop playing around with those TPs or do something about it.

Just got off the phone with Dish,

They are sending a Tech out tomorrow, as it is a problem down here for our receiver.

The tech said that our signal strength was no longer strong enough to receive the channels. (45-70).

They are sending a Tech out tomorrow, as it is a problem down here for our receiver.

The tech said that our signal strength was no longer strong enough to receive the channels. (45-70).
Yes but you said "ALL" your channels were missing, that's not the case with us.

Thanks to all others who have posted info in this thread, I'll contact Dish today. I haven't had to play the CSR Roulette game for a while, I'll post back when and if I hear anything.

Well I don't believe those signal strengths they told you. Ever since Dish changed their signal strength scale, my signals for those have always been in the upper 30's to low 40's (at least as far as I remember) and I have never had any problems. I show I lock onto the satellite. I even went out and adjusted the dish but it didn't improve anything.

I thought of that yesterday but TP 19 and 23 are not gonna be Spotbeams so why would they be playing with those TPs?

This is a guess pulled directly from my posterior:
The engineers are moving (pivoting) the satellite very, very slightly to focus the spot beams onto desired locations. When they do this it also affects the perimeter of the ConUS beam. In areas where there is little to no wiggle room the signal strength on some transponders may become weak enough to cause a loss of signal. Remember that each ConUS transponder has its own footprint that varies slightly from the others on the same satellite.

So... my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the satellite was tilted in such a way that transponders 19 and 23 on E*12 are now not providing strong enough signal to the southeast affecting Florida, extreme eastern GA, SC, NC and VA. Those that had "Okay" signal (not great signal) are seeing problems today. Those who had a great signal may have seen a signal drop, but not enough to cause a problem.

I had a similar problem with transponders 20 and 22 on E*3. A repoint took care of the issue, though my signal levels on those two TPs is still significantly lower than the rest at 61.5°.

See ya
Tony

Yes but you said "ALL" your channels were missing, that's not the case with us.

Thanks to all others who have posted info in this thread, I'll contact Dish today. I haven't had to play the CSR Roulette game for a while, I'll post back when and if I hear anything.

Sorry, its the list of all the channels that started the thread that are missing.

This is a guess pulled directly from my posterior:
The engineers are moving (pivoting) the satellite very, very slightly to focus the spot beams onto desired locations. When they do this it also affects the perimeter of the ConUS beam. In areas where there is little to no wiggle room the signal strength on some transponders may become weak enough to cause a loss of signal. Remember that each ConUS transponder has its own footprint that varies slightly from the others on the same satellite.

So... my guess (and it is only a guess) is that the satellite was tilted in such a way that transponders 19 and 23 on E*12 are now not providing strong enough signal to the southeast affecting Florida, extreme eastern GA, SC, NC and VA. Those that had "Okay" signal (not great signal) are seeing problems today. Those who had a great signal may have seen a signal drop, but not enough to cause a problem.

I had a similar problem with transponders 20 and 22 on E*3. A repoint took care of the issue, though my signal levels on those two TPs is still significantly lower than the rest at 61.5°.

See ya
Tony
When I was out there tweeking the dish a few minutes ago, I had the receiver on TP19 while I was adjusting. The signal would jump from 0 to 79 then back down to 35 with out even really doing anything. The best I can get it and stay is 36.

If this is what they are doing(moving the satellite a bit) I sure hope they fix it soon.

"This is a guess pulled directly from my posterior:
The engineers are moving (pivoting) the satellite very, very slightly to focus the spot beams onto desired locations. When they do this it also affects the perimeter of the ConUS beam. In areas where there is little to no wiggle room the signal strength on some transponders may become weak enough to cause a loss of signal. Remember that each ConUS transponder has its own footprint that varies slightly from the others on the same satellite."

That's a smart posterior. :)

Sounds like a good explanation to me. My TP22 is one of the lowest one for me, might try repointing the dish. I'm getting upper 50s and lower 60s on most TPs but 22 is only at 43-44.

Or it could be that E12 isn't providing enough power on the CONUS beams after kicking in a couple of spotbeams for testing. E12 already has issues with solar arrays...and pretty much every other global satellite. ;)

Maybe Charlie needs some extra cash for his next sat launch and is trying to collect a bunch of $29.99 onsite service call fees. :D

I wonder how many people have been affected...

Just went through 2 non-english CSRs and 4 disconnects :mad: I finally got ahold of the Tech dept. It seems 61.5 tp19 is the problem here, signal all over the place but even when it has a solid signal (above 60) I still don't see anything. All she could do was schedule a Tech to come out tomorrow and replace the LNBs. This still seems odd to me that we are all having the same problem at the same time, just curious as to what's really going on. Oh well, as long as they fix the problem I'll be happy.

I am having the exact smae problem. I am in FL as well. I am contemplating whether I should call Dish, or just wait it out?

I am having the exact smae problem. I am in FL as well. I am contemplating whether I should call Dish, or just wait it out?

I would call them. Let them know that others are having problems.

I did, and they set me up with a tech tomorrow.

Tom

I also am having this issue, in Delray Beach Florida.

I was considering calling Dish Network to report the problem, but it seems that everyone who has done so gets a tech sent to their house. What use is that? The problem obviously has to do with the satellite itself; all of our equipment did not simultaneously fail.

Are they in denial that there is a problem?

I also am having this issue, in Delray Beach Florida.

I was considering calling Dish Network to report the problem, but it seems that everyone who has done so gets a tech sent to their house. What use is that? The problem obviously has to do with the satellite itself; all of our equipment did not simultaneously fail.

Are they in denial that there is a problem?

I say call.. especially if it doesn't cost you anything. They won't know until they see a pattern.

Or it could be that E12 isn't providing enough power on the CONUS beams after kicking in a couple of spotbeams for testing. E12 already has issues with solar arrays...and pretty much every other global satellite. ;)

I wonder if they moved these TPs to E3 from E12. Perhaps they are switching non spot TPs from E12 to E3 to give more power to E12 spot beams. People that lost signal perhaps have dishes that are out of alignment. E3 only operates on low power, perhaps the problem is just now showing up with marginal dish pointing.

I wonder if they moved these TPs to E3 from E12. Perhaps they are switching non spot TPs from E12 to E3 to give more power to E12 spot beams. People that lost signal perhaps have dishes that are out of alignment. E3 only operates on low power, perhaps the problem is just now showing up with marginal dish pointing.

In my area these two TP's are stronger than the average TP signal on this bird.

It does seem to be a problem in central to southeast and southwest Florida, my friends in Orlando and West Palm Beach are having the same problems.

E* will always denied it has has a problem at first and will blame you; before they finally admit to the problem. Let's hope that it won't take too long.

I suggest everyone who is having the problem to call in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)