Can't see 61.5 TPs 19 and 23!

Oddly the channels that were effected are now working for me...hopefully it will stay that way.

1pm Sunday, they are not working for me here in Winter Haven. I am having same problem as others in Florida.

Is there something wrong with transponder 19 on 61.5?

I cannot get any of the channels on trps 19 at all. I have two HD receivers a 211 and a 411. I have same problem on both. I seem to be getting all the other channels on 61.5 ok. transpner 17 which has NYC HD's comes in fine. x2 with ESPN2 is fine. X22 is fine and x30 is ok. Most of the channels on x19 I don't watch (several of the voom channels are there, but discovery and animal planet are there, which I do watch. I get the SD version of Disc and Animal fine.

When I run system info from menu, it tells me it detected LNB drift, on 61.5 msg is "0x0e, 0xa1, 61.5 (e-5)". When I run check switch it runs ok.

I have dish 500 with DP Plus twin, with dish 300 as side dish, for 61.5. I changed the LNB on the side dish, when I did that the LNB drift msg. went away when I run system info test.

When I run signal strength test before and after changing LNB, when I test x19, I get a locked green signal but I never get Echostar 61.5. instead I get "name not aquired". On the xponders that I get my signal is green and locked with name "Echostar 61.5" as name.

Any idea where my problem is or is this some kind of software problem. My software level is L437 on both my receivers.

Thanks for any advice

1pm Sunday, they are not working for me here in Winter Haven. I am having same problem as others in Florida.

Is there something wrong with transponder 19 on 61.5?

I cannot get any of the channels on trps 19 at all. I have two HD receivers a 211 and a 411. I have same problem on both. I seem to be getting all the other channels on 61.5 ok. transpner 17 which has NYC HD's comes in fine. x2 with ESPN2 is fine. X22 is fine and x30 is ok. Most of the channels on x19 I don't watch (several of the voom channels are there, but discovery and animal planet are there, which I do watch. I get the SD version of Disc and Animal fine.

When I run system info from menu, it tells me it detected LNB drift, on 61.5 msg is "0x0e, 0xa1, 61.5 (e-5)". When I run check switch it runs ok.

I have dish 500 with DP Plus twin, with dish 300 as side dish, for 61.5. I changed the LNB on the side dish, when I did that the LNB drift msg. went away when I run system info test.

When I run signal strength test before and after changing LNB, when I test x19, I get a locked green signal but I never get Echostar 61.5. instead I get "name not aquired". On the xponders that I get my signal is green and locked with name "Echostar 61.5" as name.

Any idea where my problem is or is this some kind of software problem. My software level is L437 on both my receivers.

Thanks for any advice
Like Tony said on page 2, I think it might be in the satellites aiming. I don't think there will be a quick fix to that but lets hope the more people that report it the quicker Dish will be in addressing the problem.

Called the so-called "tech support".

Spent 20 minutes on the line with one chick. I tried to explain to her repeatedly what was going on here, and referenced this forum, she said she had not heard of any problems in FL or with 61.5. When she told me that I would have to reset the receiver (for the 4 th time in 3 days), and I tried to explain it was not my receiver so I wasn't really interested in wasting more time on the maneuver, she hung up.

Second tech support person was nicer, but also never heard of a Florida problem. She referred me to a supervisor.

He had not heard of any Florida or 61.5 problems, either. He refused to give me any email address (or than the waste of time feedback@customermail.dishnetwork,com) so I could link him the discussion in this forum--apparently he was just not interested enough.

I think it is time to go to Direct.

I just cancelled my service call as I'm sure it would have been a waste of time as well. I told the rep about the problem and how widespread it is. He said he would pass it on. He sounded sincere.

At this point I am down to one and only one channel holding me to Dish (HRTV--I am a BIG horse racing fan). If Direct gets that, Dish can bite my bag. I almost left after the baseball fiasco last year, so I have no more patience for their cluelessness. The camel's back is BEGGING for one more straw--and this is an 8 year customer now paying $150/month. But they just don't care.

I tried using my FTA dish to aim at 129. It showed 129 on the check switch screen but no channels came in :(. Oh well, shizzit happens :).

Well yesterday I was getting 60+ on tp19 and 23 but no picture. I just checked and over the last hour my signal strength on tp19 is 2 and on tp23 it's 0. So I called Dish Tech support again and this time I'm told there is nothing in the system about FL problems *sigh*.

The only reason I came to Dish almost 2yrs ago was for more HD and Monsters on Voom. I hate the vip211, the software updates always foobar something and even after all this time the software still doesn't feel right. I didn't want to leave Dish until we moved but maybe it's for the best. They have screwed up so many times with my account and now over 2 days with this problem. I hate to be one of "those guys" but if it's not fixed by the time I wake up tomorrow, back to D* but I really like having the HD only package that's so easy on my wallet.

Same problem here in Jax

I've been having the same problem with 61.5. Called Dish and CSR did not know about the problem. A tech is coming by later this week to check it out.

I have no problem with TP 19 at all. Or any channels in my HD line up.
Because this is mostly a Florida/SE coatal problem. Atleast most people reporting this problem are from the SE coastal area.

It is NOT an adjustment problem. I have a VERY high signal on all other TP's except 19 and 23.

Just had a tech out to the house about the signals.

I was the third person today with the problem, and he had two more to go.

Said it was Dish's problem, with the satellite, and nothing he could do. He thought they may address it on Monday.

Sigh, missing Discovery HD sucks.

Just had a tech out to the house about the signals.

I was the third person today with the problem, and he had two more to go.

Said it was Dish's problem, with the satellite, and nothing he could do. He thought they may address it on Monday.

Sigh, missing Discovery HD sucks.
And the CSR's are saying they know nothing about a problem :rolleyes::mad:.

i'm a dish network technician. called them 2x today explained i have changed both lnb's, hard resets, check switch, etc.....have relatives and friends having same problem, and told them about this forum, but not interested. they still say there are no issues in FL. he said he would forward all info to engineering dept. guess its all on them now!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts