Can't see 61.5 TPs 19 and 23!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oddly the channels that were effected are now working for me...hopefully it will stay that way.

I am having the same problem. I just had my dish installed today and everything seemed to be working fine. Then all of a sudden I start channel surfing and those exact channels are not loading up. I also live in the Miami, FL area.

I am having the same problem. I just had my dish installed today and everything seemed to be working fine. Then all of a sudden I start channel surfing and those exact channels are not loading up. I also live in the Miami, FL area.
Did you compare initial SS levels after install and today ? Your dish could slip down and lowest signal affected first.

Yeah I noticed it right after the guy left! LOL

I started channel surfing to see all the channels I got (did the dishHD plan) and noticed the error. Called tech support and they walked me thru a series of test. Going to have someone come over on Monday to check it out. Although now I am worried it's something they can't fix if it's happening to everyone. Oh well at least I can see ESPN HD... could be worse. :)

Yeah I'm kind of worried as well, since so many others have the problem. My luck, I'll get some hay seed out here tomorrow who will make things worse. I've been thinking about calling back tonight and canceling the Tech visit until I see what happens to some of you guys :D

For those of you who have a tech coming out, print this thread out and have it ready. Since it isn't site related, the tech should be made aware of the situation. A lot of times, the only time I'm apprised of these types of situation is reading them here on this forum. Don't have the tech looking for problems that aren't related to your particular install. It's a waste of time.

today still same problem. i haven't called dish because so many of us are having the same problem it can't be an issue in our homes. i'll too wait and see what happens :( by the way the signal is there at tp 19. the message is locked no name satellite.

Same problem in Jacksonville area. I called Dish Network tech suppoprt last night. They are sending a tech Tuesday but said it might cost me $30.00. I asked the obvious question but she could not answer it and said I might have to pay anyway. I told her that I'd cancel my service If I get charged for a call that is their problem. She did give me a $14.85 credit on my bill for reduced service. I may cancel the visit now that I know now it's not me.

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people having trouble. I'm in Gainesville (North Cent Fla), so I'm a bit farther north than most of the people reporting this problem. I have a signal around 40 on TP 19, but nothing on TP 23 on my 622 receiver.

E* is still not admitting that the problem is at their end

Typical of E*, they will charge you for their problem. You all should call technical support, the more they see that this problem is widespread the sooner they will admit to the problem.

At present E* is still not admitting that the problem is at their end.

They act ignorant about the problem and greedy for collecting repair fees. :mad:

Add my name too to the missing HD channels list. I'm from FL.
What's going on DISH? They should advise to the customers the problem when the customers go to click in those missing HD channels.

Bah, I posted yesterday that they came back up for me. But late last night, they went back out and are still out...we were watching a program and then boom, it's out.

I am in the Jacksonville Fl area as well.

Out as well

I had to call "Dish" a second time and refer them to this site in order to have them waive the service call. I think it is outragous that they know of a change and are letting their customer's bear the cost of their actions. I am very greatfull for you all taking the time to post your findings and results. I registered just to tell you all thank-you!!!

Saint Cloud, FL

Last edited:
After logging in here this morning I called Dish Tech Dept. and canceled the tech visit. I wasn't going to waste the installers time or mine. As an added bonus the tech I spoke to had just got off the phone with someone else with the same problem. When I first started speaking with her she asked me if FT. Lauderdale was located between Jacksonville and Miami, that's where the other call came from. She took all the info from me, she did sound genuine, and filled out a trouble report. I also pointed her to this thread. We spoke for about half an hour and she was seeing other calls in the system with the same problems. I guess all we can do is call in to report the problem and wait.

is something wrong with 61.5 xponder 19?

I see no reported problem on this forum, so this may be my problem. any suggestions.

Is there something wrong with transponder 19 on 61.5?

I cannot get any of the channels on trps 19 at all. I have two HD receivers a 211 and a 411. I have same problem on both. I seem to be getting all the other channels on 61.5 ok. transpner 17 which has NYC HD's comes in fine. x2 with ESPN2 is fine. X22 is fine and x30 is ok. Most of the channels on x19 I don't watch (several of the voom channels are there, but discovery and animal planet are there, which I do watch. I get the SD version of Disc and Animal fine.

When I run system info from menu, it tells me it detected LNB drift, on 61.5 msg is "0x0e, 0xa1, 61.5 (e-5)". When I run check switch it runs ok.

I have dish 500 with DP Plus twin, with dish 300 as side dish, for 61.5. I changed the LNB on the side dish, when I did that the LNB drift msg. went away when I run system info test.

When I run signal strength test before and after changing LNB, when I test x19, I get a locked green signal but I never get Echostar 61.5. instead I get "name not aquired". On the xponders that I get my signal is green and locked with name "Echostar 61.5" as name. x19 seems to have about the same signal strength as the xponders I get.

Any idea where my problem is or is this some kind of software problem. My software level is L437 on both my receivers.

Thanks for any advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts