Cant skip certain commercials on my vip622

xcritic

Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
GA
I dont know if this is been covered before, but google didnt turn anything up. I've recently noticed that certain commercials seem to have the ability to disable the 30sec skip on my vip622. This occurs regardless if it was a dvr recording or live tv. Anyone else notice this annoying new feature or is it just me.

I dont know if this is been covered before, but google didnt turn anything up. I've recently noticed that certain commercials seem to have the ability to disable the 30sec skip on my vip622. This occurs regardless if it was a dvr recording or live tv. Anyone else notice this annoying new feature or is it just me.

How do you skip commercials in live mode?

Unless by live you mean a show that you have paused. I haven't noticed it and I have a 622. If you have a specific example I can watch for the commercial.

I've never seen this and haven't heard anything about it. What channel/program did this happen on?

I've never seen this and haven't heard anything about it. What channel/program did this happen on?

Sorry I wasn't thinking when I said live.

I noticed it during 2 commercials today while watching recorded stuff, but the one I remember in particular was a apple commercial for the new 17" Macbook. I believe it was on nbc during 30 rock this week. I kept hitting the 30 second skip during the commercial with no luck, then the second it switched to the next commercial for disney it started skipping again. I dont know maybe its just my vip622 or something, It has happened with both the factory remote and a new harmony so its not the remote. I just tested my theory on a older vip622 down stairs and it skipped the commercial with no problems.

I've had the skip function act flaky on my 622 several times. I don't think it has anything to do with the commercials, I think it's just coincidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)