Can't The Morons at Voom do Anything right?

HAHHAA. this is hilarious.

i am so glad i cancelled. nothing worse than trying to get money back from a company which has no clue wtf they are doing.

If you paid on a debit card I would call the bank and claim the charges are bogus. Most banks will refund you the money while they investigate the problem. Then if they find out you lied they take the money back.

Damn you VOOM, you got me again. I was installed on June 11 and was not charged because I had a free month. I was supposed to be billed on July 11 for 86.04 because I had a 40 credit due to me. I stated in a previous thread my outrage when I was charged 126 dollars on July 5th and double that was put on hold for a week or so. Now I check my account today and they have put double 86.04 on hold, billed quadruple times in one month. This is beyond excusible and they will now be reported to the better business bureau. You cannot do this to customers and expect them to just let it go, we have families, we have other bills, we live on tight budgets and cannot have 424 dollars just disappear in one month all because of their screwed up billing department. Don't tell me any excuses because I deal with many companies that I pay money to each month and this does not happen, it is not that hard to deduct a fixed amount of money on a certain day each month. I have officially had it with VOOM.

kaw

kawdog said:
Damn you VOOM, you got me again. I was installed on June 11 and was not charged because I had a free month. I was supposed to be billed on July 11 for 86.04 because I had a 40 credit due to me. I stated in a previous thread my outrage when I was charged 126 dollars on July 5th and double that was put on hold for a week or so. Now I check my account today and they have put double 86.04 on hold, billed quadruple times in one month. This is beyond excusible and they will now be reported to the better business bureau. You cannot do this to customers and expect them to just let it go, we have families, we have other bills, we live on tight budgets and cannot have 424 dollars just disappear in one month all because of their screwed up billing department. Don't tell me any excuses because I deal with many companies that I pay money to each month and this does not happen, it is not that hard to deduct a fixed amount of money on a certain day each month. I have officially had it with VOOM.

kaw
this is the worst story I have heard, $424.00 in over billing unexceptable...
Contact your local Law enforcement agency you have been robbed, then contact your bank, refute charges.

Why in the world are people using Bank Debit Cards with Voom...or for that matter, any vender. There is no protection. Switch to credit card for protection.

Well, after being lied to about when I would be billed, and the 2 service calls that never got scheduled and these damn reboots my wife and I decided to cancel. I'm not going to pay $50 a month for shoddy service. These billing nightmares that yall are having are scaring the living daylights out of me. No thank you Voom. I have a disconnect set for next Tuesday.

I've been very patient with Voom so far but if this multiple billing issue isn't resolved quickly I'll be saying adios... I'll put up with a lot of stuff but I absolutely won't tolerate someone screwing around with my credit card. I emailed Wilt to hopefully get the right people working on it.

Kawdog, I feel for you man. I'm only 92 bucks in the whole (right now anyway). :mad:

Oh, I got to the bottom of it, it was almost so sad I had to laugh. I created a whole thread about how it is impossible to change your billing date and was told numerous times it is impossible by every CSR working at VOOM. Finally I said forget it and just got a stupid credit card which should be here soon, I can't deal with all the money they were putting on hold. Anyway, I called VOOM when I got home today, remember I was charged on the 5th and now today (20th), I demanded to know what the hell is going on. Get this, they changed my billing date to the 20th :rolleyes: , so I had two billing dates this month, how cool is that... Someday I will just look back on all this and smile. Tomorrow is supposed to be Antenna update day (they have missed the appointment twice before), it should be a good story. Thanks for listening to my bitching.

kaw

It's simple. You are not liable on your credit card. Call your card company. Then inform VOOM about the mistake. End of story. Has happened to me many times with restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Part of owning a credit card. The only thing I WOULDN'T do is NEVER NEVER NEVER give anyone my ATM card number. That is for your private withdrawal of funds. Law enforcement agencies warn us about that. If something happens there.....the money is gone. Close the account immediately and open a new one.

I have auto draft with many of my bills...phone, mortgage,insurance etc and Never have I been overcharged or anything as stupid as Voom does. They are the most Incompetent people that has ever tried to run a business. So NO, they can't do anything right.

I called to see what was up with my "billing" issue and they have now billed me for the 1st $93.00 quantity, but at the same time, they made another transaction on the same day, but this "other" $93.00 is on hold...

1st I only have the standard package + 1 premium so there is no reason to get billed the 1st $93, but they also put another ammount on my CC on hold on the same day and when I call.. get this they told me I still owed then $60+ wtf???

this ppl have the billing really screwed up...

(all these holds are a sneaky way for voom to play around with OUR money for a few days)

now the CSR told me that she didnt have access to all my billing info, someoneo in the billing department is going to call me ion suposedly 48hrs....

geez...

they did that to my 2nd month with them didn't charge me for April but charge me 2 times for May and I just now got a credit of $40 for it .

I just checked my online statement and they charged me twice again for the 2nd stb rental: Notice it is $14 for the 2nd stb plus $5 for the 2nd stb;

07/13 - 08/12/04 1 additional VOOM IRD Rental @ $14.00 $14.00
07/13 - 08/12/04 MULTIRD $0.00
07/13 - 08/12/04 1 additional MULTIRD @ $5.00 $5.00

I checked my account on their website and it showed a normal charge, but nothing showed up on my credit card. Should I expect two charges next month then??

These billing problems everyone is having are making me a bit worried. I'm in the process of buying a house and a sudden unexpected large charge on a credit card could really mess things up. :confused: