Can't The Morons at Voom do Anything right?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Damn it! I have 2 more charges on my card for today. So now that makes 5 for this month. And this is even after I emailed Wilt and a guy named Paul called me to fix it. I closed the account today.

Bob

I called and after asking what was going on with my double billing issue the CSR didn't have a good answer. He said something about having a weird billing cycle. I said "don't you just charge once a month" and he said "yeah". Well what could possibly be weird about that? When I mentioned that I was a new customer (just turned up 6/9/04) and asked if Voom bills a month ahead he said "oh, yeah - that's it".
I'm not convinced, shouldn't they tell subscribers that they will get two charges their first month? Has anyone been told this? I know at least one other poster said a CSR told him the same thing. Come on Voom get your act together - people get very upset when you start playing games with their money.
I'll just lay low and watch my bill like a hawk from now on... :shocked

ram1220 said:
Damn it! I have 2 more charges on my card for today. So now that makes 5 for this month. And this is even after I emailed Wilt and a guy named Paul called me to fix it. I closed the account today.

Bob
Thats just uncalled for....5 charges!!!! Someone should be fired . These are the things that a new comany doesnt need. In this day and age, billing should be very smooth. I checked my account and it has one charge for July....so far. Get it together VOOM!!!!

I got a call from a nice guy named Paul from Voom who apologized for the confusion. He explained that they bill a month in advance and that is the explanation that I got double billed this month (these are my first two bills - I'm a new customer). He said he was sorry that no one told me that. Maybe it's me but I got the impression nobody got this information either.

BTW, I'm using a plain vanilla Visa card. He said the problem he is aware of multiple billings are all associated with people using debit/check cards. I don't know if that's the case but I recommend only using credit cards - not debit cards.

Anyway I'm still going to be watching my bill like a hawk but I feel much better now. I feel for everyone else having problems - this multiple billing is crazy!

I just don't understand why they have to charge your debit card twice everytime they make a transaction, nobody else I do business with does that. That is the whole point of a debit card, to use it like a check but the convienence of a credit card. How hard is it just to bill a person for the amount they owe on a certain day of the month?

kaw

I was told today when I called that the prorated ammount to be billed back to my card will take 4-6 weeks. How is it they can immediately charge your card but it takes them up to a month and a half to credit it?? :mad:

Neutron said:
I was told today when I called that the prorated ammount to be billed back to my card will take 4-6 weeks. How is it they can immediately charge your card but it takes them up to a month and a half to credit it?? :mad:
Amen to that. Folks, getting your card credited should be just as easy as making the original transaction.
I use a paypal issued CC
That's the last card I'd use. I have heard of people trying to get credits back from PayPal when their account was used without their knowledge. I have never had problems with Discover Card crediting my account when I was not happy with a transaction on the account. I wish you luck though.

Guys,

What you are hearing about 4-6 weeks may be right (for refund), please contact Wilt and I am sure that you would get reimbursed in less time.

Neutron said:

that's what happens at any store when you return something bought with a CC. But Voom prefers to take out an interest-free loan on you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)