Can't The Morons at Voom do Anything right?

Damn it! I have 2 more charges on my card for today. So now that makes 5 for this month. And this is even after I emailed Wilt and a guy named Paul called me to fix it. I closed the account today.

Bob

I called and after asking what was going on with my double billing issue the CSR didn't have a good answer. He said something about having a weird billing cycle. I said "don't you just charge once a month" and he said "yeah". Well what could possibly be weird about that? When I mentioned that I was a new customer (just turned up 6/9/04) and asked if Voom bills a month ahead he said "oh, yeah - that's it".
I'm not convinced, shouldn't they tell subscribers that they will get two charges their first month? Has anyone been told this? I know at least one other poster said a CSR told him the same thing. Come on Voom get your act together - people get very upset when you start playing games with their money.
I'll just lay low and watch my bill like a hawk from now on... :shocked

ram1220 said:
Damn it! I have 2 more charges on my card for today. So now that makes 5 for this month. And this is even after I emailed Wilt and a guy named Paul called me to fix it. I closed the account today.

Bob
Thats just uncalled for....5 charges!!!! Someone should be fired . These are the things that a new comany doesnt need. In this day and age, billing should be very smooth. I checked my account and it has one charge for July....so far. Get it together VOOM!!!!

I got a call from a nice guy named Paul from Voom who apologized for the confusion. He explained that they bill a month in advance and that is the explanation that I got double billed this month (these are my first two bills - I'm a new customer). He said he was sorry that no one told me that. Maybe it's me but I got the impression nobody got this information either.

BTW, I'm using a plain vanilla Visa card. He said the problem he is aware of multiple billings are all associated with people using debit/check cards. I don't know if that's the case but I recommend only using credit cards - not debit cards.

Anyway I'm still going to be watching my bill like a hawk but I feel much better now. I feel for everyone else having problems - this multiple billing is crazy!

I just don't understand why they have to charge your debit card twice everytime they make a transaction, nobody else I do business with does that. That is the whole point of a debit card, to use it like a check but the convienence of a credit card. How hard is it just to bill a person for the amount they owe on a certain day of the month?

kaw

I was told today when I called that the prorated ammount to be billed back to my card will take 4-6 weeks. How is it they can immediately charge your card but it takes them up to a month and a half to credit it?? :mad:

Neutron said:
I was told today when I called that the prorated ammount to be billed back to my card will take 4-6 weeks. How is it they can immediately charge your card but it takes them up to a month and a half to credit it?? :mad:
Amen to that. Folks, getting your card credited should be just as easy as making the original transaction.
I use a paypal issued CC
That's the last card I'd use. I have heard of people trying to get credits back from PayPal when their account was used without their knowledge. I have never had problems with Discover Card crediting my account when I was not happy with a transaction on the account. I wish you luck though.

Guys,

What you are hearing about 4-6 weeks may be right (for refund), please contact Wilt and I am sure that you would get reimbursed in less time.

Neutron said:

that's what happens at any store when you return something bought with a CC. But Voom prefers to take out an interest-free loan on you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)