Captain Universal Pain....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

giraffejumper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2006
I am lazy.
I successfully helped a guy install a 36'' geosatpro dish, sg2100, and captain 7000 box a few months ago.
He only cares to watch the M2 Morocco channel on Galaxy 25. (He could've done without the motor but we installed it since he had it - just in case he wanted to watch something else later)
He called last week wanting help to install Skyway internet equipment.
It came with a wineguard dish about the size of his geosatpro.
The satellite that it needed to be on was AMC 4.
Lazy factor: I thought "we already have a dish that points to amc 4, that will be easy. just move the dish to amc 4 with usals, plug it into the modem and go."
And it worked!
But ONLY AFTER I INSTALLED THE UNIVERSAL LNB THAT CAME WITH THE INTERNET PACKAGE.
So we got the internet going without having to install a new dish! My laziness was happy. Plus the Internet service was good. I might give it a try.
When we went back to change the settings in the Captain 7000 - we could not use the following settings to get the captain to work:
Iceberg said "If you use a Universal LNB, for a short cut set the LNB to "Standard", LO frequency 10600 and turn 22k on.
When we put in standard at 10600 - it would not give the option to enable the 22k switch.
I have never used a Universal before, and I am used to a Viewsat where it will let you turn on 22k even if you are not supposed to. Anyone have any ideas?
I really do not want to install another dish!!!!!!
Thanks!
-phil

p.s. I tried the Universal 1, Universal 2, and Universal 3 settings in the Captain to no avail.
p.s.s. I told him that if we got this up and running, that he should get a Dual universal so he wouldn't have to remove the rg6 every time he wanted to watch tv. Would this be the best way to go?

some boxes won't allow you to change the 22k switch and that sucks. But the tip I gave works with 99% of the boxes out there.

What is the "normal" way to set one up?
I am not used to this foreign thing!
-phil

Set the LNB type to Universal (LO 9750 / 10600) The 22KHz switch will automatically select the correct LNBF output. Exit to save the settings.

You should install a two output Universal LNBF so the receiver and the modem both have independent outputs. Not necessary, but might make the system more user friendly.

Thanks guys.
I will be back over there Sunday morning and will give an update as to whether this worked or not. Too bad I can't access this forum when I am on top of the roof in Alabama summer weather. (even though it is TECHNICALLY fall!)
If not - you will hear about how I installed a new dish and was not too happy about it.
SatelliteAV, he ordered his geosatpro dish from you and was really pleased with the service!
I will be ordering from you soon! (pay check day!)
-phil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts