Captiveworks 600 lnb freq. problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

quicksand2006

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I have a captiveworks 600, fortecstar 90, staab 90 rotor, and disq switch....all in working order...until we had some thunderstorms here on saturday night. On sunday I decided to check out the NASA channel on 119. No channel available. So I went into my install menu and saw that I had no signal on the satellite and others. Figured the dish was moved slightly by the storms. I realigned my dish and turned the tv back on...still no signal on NASA. I changed the lnb freq to 10750 and then bang.....had a signal.....but no signal on 11250 or universal.....I went thru my other satellites and I noticed that any satellite transponder that used 11250 or universal was unable to be seen by my setup. I decided to do a factory reset figuring my system must have been screwed up by the storm. Reset the box removing all my channels and rescanned multiple satellites.....again it found a signal on all transponders but 11250 has no signal quality. The dish is algned correctly and I did check my connections. I also decided to remove my diseq switch and run the coax directly from my motor to the lnb.....still no fix......has anyone else had this problem with any hardware.....I am beginning to suspect my invacom quad lnb may have been damaged in some way from the storm unless my box got damaged (power surge overnight?).....not sure which way to go now.....

I guess you have tried both L outputs on the QPH-031?

May have got water inside, I have fixed a few LNBF's over the years by bringing them indoors and leaving them somewhere warm for a day or so, but its usually the cable. I would try a temporary run of new coax to see it that it the problem first!

yes I did go up there when I disconnected the diseq switch and changed both lnb outputs....but I have not tried to change the cables......if water was a factor...could you only get some freq out of a water logged cable and not others?

ok....thank you very much PSB....just went back up on the roof during a rain storm to recheck my connections.....been very frustrated........and found out that I am just a GOOF.....when I jumpered out the diseq switch I used a barrel connector to splice the 2 lines in.....(1 from the motor to the other on the L side of the lnb) I have my cables nicely trained on the dish with cable ties so I didnt want to remove the cable. I accidentally spliced the wrong wire into the coupling.........so my fault.....I swapped it and it looks like I fixed it.......(definitely took water in the diseq).........so I am going to rescan now and see what happens.....thanks......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)