CaptiveWorks 600S Premium Review?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizmohd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Any chances on getting a review on this reciever? I purchased one already.. But would like to know a little more about it as to how it compares to the other boxes out there. Who knows when my next upgrade will take place... :)

Haha Haha.> True... I would.. But dont think I would be qualified to do one.. Considering I have no experience to base my findings on.. :) Plus I still need to get my crackhead motor figured out as to why it's acting the way it does.

oh yeah the motor :)

Honestly, most reviews are done with products we have. I just checked the differences between the CW600 & the "premium" one

Premium has more multichannel options (show frames of 4,9,10 channels at once)
Premium does a 7 day EPG where the other had a 4 day (EPG is useless here in North America sine 99% of the chanenls don'e do EPG)

Premium has 4MB Flash memory and 32MB SDRAM where the CW600 is 2 & 16. Might have something to do with a channel change.

Does the Premium have a true blind scan? I know the CW600 doesn't

It has an option to BLIND SCAN... I havent really had time to delve into it yet.. for obvious reasons... :) I'm going to try tonite by deleting all the TP's but one from the Nimiq1 and see if it finds any others and populates them. I will check other satellites as soon as I get the motor issue figured out... but it will be a good test to see if it;s a real BLIND SCAN or not..

yes please try that. That is the true test :)

Another option is to select a satellite that isnt the same one and blind scanning. I did that with my Buzz recever. Aimed the dish to AMC5 and selected a different satellite (I think I chose IA7). Made sure the LNB LO frequency was right and blind scanned the satellite properly

New to FTA but have a few ?

Going to buy the CaptiveWorks 600s but can't decide on to buy a motor for my dish or make it stationary. Could someone explain the benefits of each....and how big a dish should i but with a stationary setup and a motorized setup.

Thanks

stationary dish is just that...fixed.
Motorized allows you to see all the satellites out there (or what your line of site will allow)

Need at least a 30" dish but a 36" is better :)

Just got around to replying on this one. I deleted all the transponders except one (12224) from Nimiq 91 as a test. Did a blind scan... It took about a half hour... but didnt pick up anything new. So i guess the blind scan is not functional.. Even though other boards and the manufacturer says it is...

It may have taken so long because I set my LNB as Universal. I think that screwed up my results... I am going to change it when I get home tonite and rescan...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)