CaptiveWorks 600S Premium Review?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizmohd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Any chances on getting a review on this reciever? I purchased one already.. But would like to know a little more about it as to how it compares to the other boxes out there. Who knows when my next upgrade will take place... :)

Haha Haha.> True... I would.. But dont think I would be qualified to do one.. Considering I have no experience to base my findings on.. :) Plus I still need to get my crackhead motor figured out as to why it's acting the way it does.

oh yeah the motor :)

Honestly, most reviews are done with products we have. I just checked the differences between the CW600 & the "premium" one

Premium has more multichannel options (show frames of 4,9,10 channels at once)
Premium does a 7 day EPG where the other had a 4 day (EPG is useless here in North America sine 99% of the chanenls don'e do EPG)

Premium has 4MB Flash memory and 32MB SDRAM where the CW600 is 2 & 16. Might have something to do with a channel change.

Does the Premium have a true blind scan? I know the CW600 doesn't

It has an option to BLIND SCAN... I havent really had time to delve into it yet.. for obvious reasons... :) I'm going to try tonite by deleting all the TP's but one from the Nimiq1 and see if it finds any others and populates them. I will check other satellites as soon as I get the motor issue figured out... but it will be a good test to see if it;s a real BLIND SCAN or not..

yes please try that. That is the true test :)

Another option is to select a satellite that isnt the same one and blind scanning. I did that with my Buzz recever. Aimed the dish to AMC5 and selected a different satellite (I think I chose IA7). Made sure the LNB LO frequency was right and blind scanned the satellite properly

New to FTA but have a few ?

Going to buy the CaptiveWorks 600s but can't decide on to buy a motor for my dish or make it stationary. Could someone explain the benefits of each....and how big a dish should i but with a stationary setup and a motorized setup.

Thanks

stationary dish is just that...fixed.
Motorized allows you to see all the satellites out there (or what your line of site will allow)

Need at least a 30" dish but a 36" is better :)

Just got around to replying on this one. I deleted all the transponders except one (12224) from Nimiq 91 as a test. Did a blind scan... It took about a half hour... but didnt pick up anything new. So i guess the blind scan is not functional.. Even though other boards and the manufacturer says it is...

It may have taken so long because I set my LNB as Universal. I think that screwed up my results... I am going to change it when I get home tonite and rescan...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts