Status
Please reply by conversation.

rguarinb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Anderson. SC
Guys:
I am totally new on this. I just got my CaptiveWorks600S Premium. I install the 30" dish, the LNB is a Standard single LNBF (Digiwave), a motor DiSEqc 1.2 (SG2100). I followed all instructions for installing and I do not get anything. I would like to reach Galaxy10 but because I have the motor, I suppose I can get more than one Bird.
The Strength is between 68% and 75% everywhere in the sky but the quality is 00%.
I tried scanning sata by sat with the auto and blind scan option but I got...nothing.
:(
What I am suppose to do????
Your help will be apprecited

Guys:
I am totally new on this. I just got my CaptiveWorks600S Premium. I install the 30" dish, the LNB is a Standard single LNBF (Digiwave), a motor DiSEqc 1.2 (SG2100). I followed all instructions for installing and I do not get anything. I would like to reach Galaxy10 but because I have the motor, I suppose I can get more than one Bird.
The Strength is between 68% and 75% everywhere in the sky but the quality is 00%.
I tried scanning sata by sat with the auto and blind scan option but I got...nothing.
:(
What I am suppose to do????
Your help will be apprecited

It sounds like you don't have the dish and motor set up properly, if and when you get the angles set right, it should work like a charm.

The Strength signal is not really an indicator, it seems to always show something even when there's nothing, the Quality signal means you've locked onto a satellite frquency, the green led light on the front display will light up when it locks onto a good signal from a satellite.

I have a CW600SPrem and a Stab motor also, it took me a long time to get it aligned on the satellite arc, setting up a motor can be a BIG PAIN!!! you must have the motor pointed to the true south (not the magnetic compass south), the dish and motor elevation must be accurate.

Need more info? just ask, be glad to assist on set up. You'll need to explain in detail what you have done to set it up and what dish model you are using.

The dish manufacturer should have provided the dish offset specifications somewhere on a document.

I just set up a captiveworks 600s (non-premium) on a single satellite (no motor), but this may help you find your true south:

I spent a little time deleting every transponder except those on icebergs sticky 'i need a strong transponder'. Using a compass and level, i estimated by eye where my azimuth was. Set the dish elevation to what geosat said I should be, then started stabbing around in the sky. I'd cycle through all of my satellites (1 known strong transponder each), move the dish a bit, rinse, repeat. Eventually I hit a bird (quality meter started moving), and once I knew which one I was on I knew which way I had to move to find my desired satellite. Patience and persistence .

I took the motor out. I am trying to reach Nimiq1. Do you have a good transponder for it? Iceberg did not post one for it.

Yes. I have two LNB one is 0.4 db and the other one is 0.3. I am using the 0.3 db 10.75Ghz of L.O Freq. I do not know what it is but that what the label says.

No free-to=air channels on Nimiq1 , scrambled pay programming.
If you're going for Galaxy 11, same location, you should be able to pick up a few feeds on your linear lnbf.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cw-600sp

only see's the horizontal transponders

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)