Carbon UI email from dish

Installed U221 and no EHDs. Known issue with Hopper3 but they just got a fix. Let's hope a fixed U222 is pushed out instead of flawed U221. Will be a lot of angry customers if their EHDs go offline right before holidays.

Otherwise I'm fine with Carbon. Some things they could improve (why is search so hard to find and use now, why is it so hard to protect a recording) but honestly, it's a good interface. Some things better, some things not, but works fine. Needs to be faster, but that should come over time.

How is it you got the new CUI on both your HWS, but another member just got S542 on his HWS. Me thinks one of you is trolling.
It's not me trolling.

HWS S542.jpg

Reactions: DWS44 and jerryez
There is no way to prove if Carbon was Automatic or Forced by the customer.
All i can say is that it was not forced. My parents have the same setup as we do and they have the carbon on both of their hws. Also not forced. I couldn't care less about carbon and actually prefer what he had. I will leave the trolling and/or conspiracy theories to other members on here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Yeah kind of, what the heck is Dish doing? This does not make any sense.
It's anyone's guess as to what's going on. From reading here, this is what I know:

-- New or replaced Hopper w/Sling get the Carbon UI from the start. Makes perfect sense for NEW customers as they are not familiar with or used to anything else.
-- Hopper w/Sling devices should all have updated software with an option for the user to initiate the update. You use the app introducing it, go through the steps or screens, and the last one has an option to update.
-- On original Hoppers and Hoppers w/Sling, the 'secret' keypress sequence still works.

On the first two listed, I'm not certain if the same applies to original Hopper units.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah kind of, what the heck is Dish doing? This does not make any sense. Dish should be the one to feel silly. Maybe someone from Dish's management that is on this forum, may want to comment.
Dish has never rolled out updates en masse except for very minor or rare "emergency" cases. I would expect CUI to be even more slow and deliberate.

Just think of the load on the call centers if everyone got it at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)