Care and Feeding of a 12 foot Paraclipse...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a 16 footer still in use for FTA. Don't know the maker, anyone?
16footer.jpg

Some photos of a 16 Paraclipse, with problems in the feed.

Attachments

• P5220008.JPG
    P5220008.JPG
    402.2 KB · Views: 321
  • P5220016.JPG
    P5220016.JPG
    418.2 KB · Views: 332
  • P5220012.JPG
    P5220012.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 295
wow that is crazy. I got a line on a possible 14 footer paraclipse. Won't be able to haul it unless I can get the pieces small enough to fit in trailer or van. How much can these be disassembled for transport?

wow that is crazy. I got a line on a possible 14 footer paraclipse. Won't be able to haul it unless I can get the pieces small enough to fit in trailer or van. How much can these be disassembled for transport?

If you have enough time, sure. It will disassemble to a rib by rib sections. for a 14 footer I'd say they will be around 7 foot long, in a arc section.

You gonna need some time though, especially if all the bolts are rusted. :D

I broke my 12 footer in half and transported it across town on a 5X10 single axle trailer, includng the h-to-h mount. :)

Reactions: martin-f
do they break down into 4 sections like my winegard? This one looks like anywhere from 12-15 feet. Its a bit of a drive to get it but I am interested if there is a decent way to transport it. I am curious to know if the sections can be broken down enough to fit in a full size van with no seats.

They arent made that way. Paraclipse is built like a metal building, main beams (the ribs in this case), held together by bridging inbetween. Each rib is fastened to the hub by a few bolts, and there's X-type bracing separating the ribs, and aluminum angle also, all held together with bolts. Have a look at the earlier pics in this thread and I think I have something that should show it, I replaced all the bolts in mine when I brought it home.

You can disassemble it as much as you like, though, halves, thirds, fourths, hell even eighths I guess...LOL

The only cautionary note would be that unless you remove the mesh completely from betwen the ribs where you want to disassemble th dish, you run a risk of bending it. Once a rib is detached from the cross supports, and you pull the dish apart, the edge of the mesh is exposed and susceptable to damage. Good luck.

Hi. It looks just like a Hero dish. Hero was out of Miami, FL and they used to make dishes that looked exactly like this one. They are what I had called Paraclipse clones. I'd like to get my hands on that one!
Somehow I missed this post, thanks. That huge dish is aimed in another direction, not as is seen in the photo, saw it last week. I'll assume it's in service for FTA.

Nice refurbishment and install glad you've got it working as it should well done, I've just acquired the same dish and will be doing similar with it.

A few pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Babadem and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts