Caribbean MUX on Galaxy 16C (99W) gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
ky.
networks gone?

are the nets gone off 99 degrees west? i've still got the other channels,but the nets are showing no signal.

Noticed the Caribbean network MUX on Galaxy 16C (99 degrees W) 3488H was gone last night and this morning. Can someone else verify this?

Thanks to Iceberg and the Conical Scalar Ring from WS International, I now have the networks on Galaxy 16. :) I'm using a Traxis 3500 and an old PrimeStar dish that is 44" by 38". Been trying for a long long time. Ms. Bubba lit a fire under me when Fox went away from KU. Getting 74 signal strength and 55 signal quality. Happy days are here again and Iceberg, Ms. Bubba says you must be some kind of satellite super hero.

Last edited:
OK, I am OFFICIALLY proud of m'self (and I don't get THERE easily).

Blind scan on the Conaxsat DUO is "Painful," I have mentioned this before, if I set the scan rate at 4Mhz, it takes about 55 (fifty five) minutes to blind scan, and the chance of missing channels is pretty good. If I set it to 2Mhz, it doubles the scan time. As I say, PAINFUL.

Reading that Ice has good quality, and daddyzlod increassed Q, and Lak7 want's me to blind scan (again), I started playing around a bit, and here's what I discovered.

I can add TPs. And even better, I can edit SR's. WOW.

I looked at what I had scanned yesterday and here's what I discovered. The "old" TP was 3844 with a SR or 12406, the new TP (after an hour of Blind scanning) was 3845 with an SR of 15156.

Hmmm mmm mmm ... wonder what would happen IF .....

I changed the SR on 3844 to the new SR of 15156, and WHOO HOOO, S95, Q95 (big pat on his back) and I figured this out with the help of Ice and daddyzlod when they didn't even know they were helping me. (big smile).

Hey, if it's THAT easy, I am off to find RTV (snicker ... as IF .....)

Photto

QUOTE 'OK, I am OFFICIALLY proud of m'self (and I don't get THERE easily).'

Oh yeah, well I'm declaring today officially "BUBBA DAY" here in southeast Ohio." :)
I called the mayor's office to invite them to the festivities. They said the protection
order covered phone calls too, and hung up. Drat!

Congrats, this stuff is fun.

Last edited:
My apologies to everyone. Man, I don't see how I misread info or receiver. I should have at least caught it was a ku frequency. Anyway 3847 H 15030. And folks say "good help is hard to find".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)