Cascading a 4x1???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Has anyone ever tried to 'cascade' two diseqc 4x1 switches. I'm trying to rig up more than four dishes to my 2700A. I know it's possible using two 4x1's and one 22khz switch (thanks to Ice for that info.). I tried to order a 22khz from Sadoun, but they won't take my order as it is under $20 :confused:

We had a thread on it a little while ago (8x1 diseqc) but I think the receiver has to be compatible.

I use 22k switches and 4x1 diseqcs (even some 4x4 multiswitches)

Ya, I don't think my 2700A will recognize an 8x1. I can't figure out why Sadoun won't sell me something under $20. I'm going to email them and beg!

Most receivers support basic DiSEqC which means 4 ports. As ICE has already menationed above, if you have a rcvr with support with latter revs of the spec, it would support more ports on the switch. Dreambox has such support in the SW and I was playing with it the other day and noticed it.

sikma said:
I can't figure out why Sadoun won't sell me something under $20. I'm going to email them and beg!

Maybe you could order some cable to go along with it? That might put you over $20. Might need some if you're adding more dishes. :)

Hello

If you want to use a 8x1 diseqc switch it will work with your receiver if it suports motors (diseqc 1.2).

Or you could use 22 khz switches.

But the 8X1 works very well with recievers and dvb cards. Very easy to setup.

Labgate

sikma said:
but they won't take my order as it is under $20

Almost hard to believe someone can order under $20. My problem is there is too much I want to order....This hobby just keeps you wanting to add more and more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)