Cassel Traded to Chiefs

That's a good question Sabres, but believe it or not, I think the Pats would rather the Chiefs second round pick (along with the Chiefs taking on $18M in salary).

The Pats generally don't like to give BIG money to draft picks, but if they had the Chiefs first round pick, they wouldn't have a choice.

Bill, the reason I mentioned possibly the Pats' getting KC's first-round pick is that N.E. could get one of the prize players in the draft.

Maybe a good offensive tackle (Cassel got beaten up in the Denver and Pittsburgh games, and of course, a missed block led to the brady injury).

Bill, the reason I mentioned possibly the Pats' getting KC's first-round pick is that N.E. could get one of the prize players in the draft.

I hear ya buddy, but I'm telling you, the Pats don't like to spend big money on high draft picks.

Maybe a good offensive tackle (Cassel got beaten up in the Denver and Pittsburgh games, and of course, a missed block led to the brady injury).

The Pats have an above average O-Line. They REALLY need to address their aging defense.

Corner, safety and inside linebacker is the biggest area of need.

Where is KC's 1st pick, 2-3 ???

KC's second round is what they got right, like 34 ?
I doubt that James Laurenitis will be there that late, but if he is, they will take him there.
They wanted him last year ... adding him to Mayo from last year and they are set for many years.

Jimbo

Where is KC's 1st pick, 2-3 ???

KC's second round is what they got right, like 34 ?
I doubt that James Laurenitis will be there that late, but if he is, they will take him there.
They wanted him last year ... adding him to Mayo from last year and they are set for many years.

Jimbo

Jimbo,
I'm hoping the Pats can get Laurenitis with their pick (somewhere in the middle of the first round).

Adding Laurenitis to Mayo would be sweet indeed! :up

Answer to meStevo: Cassell was a product of the system especially early in the season until he got his feet wet. Once he got more familiar w/playing they took the reins off and OH Baby did the talent come out! He was like a'Brady clone" when the pressure was on-terrific. Kevin O'connell is 6'5, 230 and a gun of an arm-he'll be real good.Also, Matt Guitteirez(sic) will also be a good qb-he's 6'5, 230 as well w/good arm. Pats are set for now. Bad trade if only a 2nd for those 2 players. Word is more pics to be worked out. Personally, I would have kept Cassell and TRADED BRADY! My friends think I'm nuts for this but you watch-Cassell will be great. Paul

I think you're nuts too. Cassel has played 1 measly season. ONE! Let's not crown his ass just yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)