Cband Dish on potential new house need help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
So I been having fun with my fta setup I basically just do to line setup 3 (dishnet ) super dish size dishes where old dishes were and got alot of the programing I was looking for. I really wanted a motorized ku setup but could not find a spot where los was not an issue and when I did it was just too far away from the reciever not to have a huge signal lost. Anyway I been wanting a cband dish and the "higher power to be " said no big ugly dish you have enough dumb dishes. So anyway we be house shopping Well we made an offer on this one place and the "higher power to be " did not look around back to see a 6 or 10 foot cband dish on a pole. it hiding it a tree facing north.

Here are the two pictures I could grab of it ... I would like everyone opinoin of what they can see and if it worth trying to salvage.

DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

Stonecold;

Congrats on the new house! Oh yea, on the new Dish too!

It looks to be in ok shape, I hope that those trees are not due south, or that the "Power" will let you trim them. Once you get moved in do a quick site survey and let us know what you find.

Well we find out monday hopefully if the bank accepts the offer on the house ( it was a bank owned property )

No it currently facing North. I dont know why it facing north but it is. south is all open sky.

The wiring looked like it was still in good shape as it comes right down into the living room the coax + the motor control wires.

So it a long way from moving it but I know the bank wants to close after april 15. Basically if they accept the offer I go out and spend the bucks to have all the insepctions done and then weclose.

But as soon as we get all the a oks from everyone I be more adventurous and start working on the place as I have to re wire everything in the house new coax thoruh out the house for DirecTV and re do all the telephone wiring mess.
I guess the thing is now is I guess I need a cban/ku band reciever? As I am just assuming the coolsat I have is not going to handle cband freq.

I think every FTA receiver does C Band.
It's if you want HD or not.
For HD FTA, I don't think you can go wrong with a Coolsat 8000/8100, something to move it with like a GBox or VBox, and a voltage controlled LNBF.

Well, compared to many of us who want C-band and...
- go out and find one
- disassemble it on site
- lug it home
- refurbish it
- install it
- wire it up

You are certainly going to cut that list down:
- refurbish it in place
- connect up a suitable receiver
- watch TV! - :up

Give the dish some more inspection time.
Get more pictures both close-up and distant shots, and post.
Take several shots under the LNB cover.
Find out the actual size. Six or ten feet is a pretty broad range. :rolleyes:

That big rusty mounting ring on the back side won't be too much of a problem.
I've been studying rust converting primers and paints.
Should have some pictures to show before you're ready to tackle yours.

If the wife balks at that ugly BUD, tell her how nice it'll look after some paint! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)