Cband in 2021

Hey guys, picked up a 4dtv dsr921 receiver and uhf remote. I put batteries in the remote, lights flash when I hit the power button but the unit doesn't turn on. It will power on when I hit the power button, says warm up then shows the time. My manuals are French also having a hard time finding instructions.
It will power on when I hit the button on the unit itself, not the remote.

Well the other possibility is you didn't have the remote set for "sat" :oldwink
I tried all that for sure lol, what I noticed what happening was the power button, and the bottom 4 buttons would illuminate the led on the remote, but nothing else would. So the sat button did nothing, couldn't program. I pushed the 4dtv button, kind of hard. It lit up, and then the rest of the buttons worked. So that 4dtv button is dirty. Time to take apart. Anyways, now all I need to do to test the dish is hook it up to this receiver. Any dcII stuff up there I can get? It says it was activated in the US, which is weird for a Canadian model. Or is this thing just useful as a dish mover and polarity changer.

Hey guys, picked up a 4dtv dsr921 receiver and uhf remote. I put batteries in the remote, lights flash when I hit the power button but the unit doesn't turn on. It will power on when I hit the power button, says warm up then shows the time. My manuals are French also having a hard time finding instructions.
I see you solved your problem but just FYI here are manuals for the DSR-920 and DSR-922 which may help you with any other issues. Alas there is not one there for the DSR-921.

Reactions: k.r. and bcschmidt
I just scanned through this thread and maybe someone mentioned that not too many FTA receivers can operate a polarization servo at your feedhorn. Not to mention there aren't many analog signals around anymore. Going with a FTA receiver, dish mover, and LNBF is going to get you the biggest bang for your buck.

I just scanned through this thread and maybe someone mentioned that not too many FTA receivers can operate a polarization servo at your feedhorn. Not to mention there aren't many analog signals around anymore. Going with a FTA receiver, dish mover, and LNBF is going to get you the biggest bang for your buck.

Yup just using this as a dish mover and was curious if there was any dcii signals., should be getting an fta receiver soon
Might have missed this subject, but suggest that you confirm that there is not a Videocipher II module still inside the receiver. They have no useful function any more, but if left inside a receiver, have a bad habit of releasing battery acid into the innards of the box. If you have one still installed, unplug AC power first, then carefully remove. Depending upon what is still left on the receiver exterior, this may or may not require removing a cover. Otherwise it should easily slide out. Please note that it has been about a decade since these were in service.

So I went out and hooked the dish up to my dsr 921. Ended up putting the receiver on channel 7 and used the car battery to move the dish until it came in. Still can't get the actuator to move from the receiver. I had a new von weise actuator so I put it on and still doesn't work. Trying to set dish limits and it won't even move a MM. Says limit exceeded. Must be a problem with the box itself. Guess I'll be getting a new dish mover.

Well I got it up and running as weekend, scanned in a whole bunch of channels. Got a super cheap gtmedia v9 super and I really like it so far. I scored 300' of multi conductor cable, has 8 wire in it, 2 of which are awg 16, and a free run of rg6. Came from an old ham tower, so I'm pulling that from the conduit above ground this week . And laying the new cable this weekend. I picked up 87.1w to 133w. Put a new von Weisse actuator on. Good to go! Going to get a paint job soon, I'll post pics .

Well I got it up and running last weekend, scanned in a whole bunch of channels. Got a super cheap gtmedia v9 super and I really like it so far. I scored 300' of multi conductor cable, has 8 wire in it, 2 of which are awg 16, and a free run of rg6. Came from an old ham tower, so I'm pulling that from the conduit above ground this week . And laying the new cable this weekend. I picked up 87.1w to 133w. Put a new von Weisse actuator on. Good to go! Going to get a paint job soon, I'll post pics. The gi dsr921 was a easy fix, failed component on the motor board .

Reactions: cyberham and FTA4PA
Well I got it up and running last weekend, scanned in a whole bunch of channels. Got a super cheap gtmedia v9 super and I really like it so far. I scored 300' of multi conductor cable, has 8 wire in it, 2 of which are awg 16, and a free run of rg6. Came from an old ham tower, so I'm pulling that from the conduit above ground this week . And laying the new cable this weekend. I picked up 87.1w to 133w. Put a new von Weisse actuator on. Good to go! Going to get a paint job soon, I'll post pics. The gi dsr921 was a easy fix, failed component on the motor board .
Good to hear! Looking forward to the pics! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)